RIP Mum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Mum

Hi folks, not been around much lately, that's because my dear old mum, who sufferred from MS for more than 30 years, has sadly passed away.:cry:
    We had the funeral the other week.
    So why am I posting this here of all places?
    Because there are many old heads and old hands here who have been there, done that and got the T-shirt, and know where I am.
    And so, this is an obituary.
    I'm not going to pretend. Living with her illness was a daily drain and was very difficult. People talk about "compassion fatigue", well, I hit that fifteen years ago. No-one ever asked if I was coping, but if they had, I would've just said "what difference does it make?" You just have to cope even if you're not.
    But underneith the disease, she was a warm, loving, caring, beautiful person, and I'll miss her very much.
    I love you mum.
    Rest in peace.
    God bless you.

Re: RIP Mum

Hope your Mum is at Peace, my thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.
    With Sympathy
    Heather ~(huggie74) xx

Attached Files
    Heather

Comment

Thankx huggie, I appreciate that, you're very kind.
      I've come to terms with it and I'm OK. I had plenty of time to prepare and I was ready. A shock but not a surprise, as they say.
      It's just sad, ya know?:cry:
      But such is life.
      We don't make the rules, we just have to accept them.
      I made a deliberate point of telling my most son-ov-a-bitch friend first.
      He said, "Just one more to go and you get the house!". I swear that was the first thing he said! God love him(someone has to)! Then he said, "Yeah, well, it isn't about you, it's about her"!
      Wot a git! But it was just what I needed.

Comment

Really sorry about your mum. I genuinely feel for you.

I lost my mum suddenly 18 months ago. Still hurts. Always will. :cry:
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Thanks Kazboot.
          My sympathies to you also.:cry:
          What are we to do without our mums to tell us off?
          It's a very strange sensation, like a fixed point in the map has gone.

Comment

Mums are unique & totally special, my beloved Mother died in Aug 1992, but I remember it vividly and it changed my life and how I feel about everything, and a Mothers love is everlasting, you have my sympathy and may she rest in peace .
            sigpic
            Don't worry Cheryl....
            I'll catch you if you slip!

Comment

My thoughts are with you hun. I lost my Dad 7 years ago. Your mum's at peace now, so now it's time to look after YOU.

Muchos Love

Tracey x
              "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
              sigpic

Comment

Comment

I echo all the sentiments on here Flash..so sorry

When you're young death (usually) never rears it's ugly head....then after a certain age its no longer weddings/engagements you attend, its one funeral after another
                  I've been to 6 funerals this year, 3 in one month

Lost two Aunties, and - most traumatic of all - my missus lost her twin sister on Jan 8th, aged just 36. Talk about lost. They were inseparable....they say twins have that 'bond' don't they?

Dave :cry:
                  sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Thanks Rosso, my sympathies also to you and especially your better half.
                    It's funny how we don't talk about death. It is, after all, the high cost of living.
                    Growing up with mum's illness I learned not to mention it because people would suddenly become facinated with their shoes and I would have to get a knife to cut my way out of the atmosphere.
                    It's just the same now she's gone. People get all awkward, don't know what to say or avoid you altogether.:cry:
                    We should just talk openly and honestly about this, I think.

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree with you Flash.
                      Talking openly about illness and death helps with the coping and grieving process.
                      I for one never shy away from this because of my own experiences of losing loved ones and how much it helped me.
                      sigpic
                      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Just keep the good and loving memories of her in your heart and mind. My condolences.
                        I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Just want to say thankyou for all the comments.
                          You wouldn't think so, but a kind word really does make a difference.

Comment

Working...
                          X