Bizarre sandwiches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bizarre sandwiches

I'm assuming the last two posters were joshing (either way I feel queazy thinking about those delightful gormet delights!)
    My Dad eats banana sandwiches (yuk), but I used to eat tomatoe sauce sandwiches. Chocolate spread was quite nice at the time.

But my favourite comes from an episode of Red Dwarf where Lister introduces Rimmer to a "Triple fried egg chilli sauce and chutney sarnie".
    I went out and bought chilli sauce, eggs(free range of course) and mango chutney. Then, when I got back from the pub, I cooked it up. It's quite something, I can tell you. As Rimmer put it, "I feel like I'm having a baby!"
    (I do think you have to toast the bread tho, or it'll be soggy)

Comment

great thread.

for me banana sarnies with a bit of butter to hold them in place.
      beetroot sarnies with different types of ham chicken etc.

cucumber ones not had in a long time.

cheese tomato chicken ham lettuce beetroot.MMMM

Crisp sarnies somtimes ill open different types of crisps put a bit of salt and vinegar crippies cheese and onion crippies and those thick mccoys crippies.MMM
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I love banana with real butter on plain bread (mothers pride)

Cheese and jam, only raspberry or strawberry.

Tomato sauce if nothing in.

Cheese, onion and tomato sauce.

Cheese and onion crisps.

Chicken dippers with mayonnaise!

Comment

cheese and jam thats an odd combo mate.

thing is with banana sarnies dont leave em too long or the banana goes black mate.

i also like cheese sarnies sometimes with brown HP sauce.
          ill have them with any bread white,brown but i love them om knutty krust white and browm. yuumm.

another i like is coleslaw sarnies.

Originally posted by nuttytigger View Post
          I love banana with real butter on plain bread (mothers pride)

Cheese and jam, only raspberry or strawberry.

Tomato sauce if nothing in.

Cheese, onion and tomato sauce.

Cheese and onion crisps.

Chicken dippers with mayonnaise!
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

When i was staying at a place called drapers hall the "Auntie" there used to make us Cheese and jam sandwiches.
            Wouldn't make them myself cos i do not like cheese unless it's grilled.

Comment

Loved beetroot and salad cream sandwiches when I was younger........haven't had them for years though.

Comment

Toast one side of bread, turn over and spread with peanut butter, thinly sliced apple and grated cheese. Grill for a min or two 'til cheese melts...mmm!

Comment

Suger sarnies as a kid,hmmmmm!
                  Then there was and still is a great tasing cheese and marmite,hmmmmm....marmite...still a fav of mine.
                  Marmalade and cheese was a change.Fruit cake sandwiches were a favourite of my gt grandfather.Dad likes bananna sarnies..too slippery for me..yuck.Sausage and stuffing is a great combo in a sarnie.Thinly sliced apple and cheese was a fav of my brother.

Comment

Slightly off on a tangent ...

When I was a kid I liked to have chocolate biscuits (McVities Homewheat) with butter / margarine on the "biscuit" (i.e. non-chocolate) side, thereby resulting in a biscuit with chocolate one side and butter / margarine the other.
                    I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

1.Get 2 slices of bread.
                      2.Put jam,honey or syrup on each slice .
                      3.Put a thick wad of 10 pound notes between them.
                      4.Send to me

Comment

My Mum and Dad mentioned that as kids they'd eat Nestle Condensed Milk on slices of white bread - I'm sure many of the kids in the 1920s - 60s did the same too, they also mentioned they'd eat Nestle Milo (a chocolate malt drink powder) on buttered bread slices too - I've tried that and it is quite nice, probably to do with the Kenyan made Nestle coco used, and its made over there too...

I used to eat crisp sandwiches - just sliced bread with margarine and cheese and onion flavoured crisps as a kid...My sister also made fish finger and lettuce with mayo sandwiches - she used to microwave the fish fingers - and they'd have that sort of rubbery consistancy because of it...yuck.

Comment

Mine Was crisp sarnie also i remember having marmite sarnies they where bloody horrible , but my favorite was a lovely chip buttie .

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                            My Mum and Dad mentioned that as kids they'd eat Nestle Condensed Milk on slices of white bread - I'm sure many of the kids in the 1920s - 60s did the same too, they also mentioned they'd eat Nestle Milo (a chocolate malt drink powder) on buttered bread slices too - I've tried that and it is quite nice, probably to do with the Kenyan made Nestle coco used, and its made over there too...

I used to eat crisp sandwiches - just sliced bread with margarine and cheese and onion flavoured crisps as a kid...My sister also made fish finger and lettuce with mayo sandwiches - she used to microwave the fish fingers - and they'd have that sort of rubbery consistancy because of it...yuck.

I have had fish finger sandwiches only the fish fingers were fried,not microwaved.To tell the truth,i would have anything in a sandwich as long as the things went together

Comment

I still have both condensed milk and crisp sandwiches. I used to have jam and cheese sandwiches too but I've not had one for yonks. When I was a young kid I used to eat sauce sandwiches. When I was a teen and lazy I used to make baked bean sandwiches with loads of butter. They were amazing.

Something I still do today is whenever I have a breadcake that I am going to eat with chips, I douse the inside with vinegar. I really really like vinegar and it goes so good inside a chip butty. It sort of turns into vapour and the smell goes right up your nose while eating. I am the only person I know that does this.

Comment

My favorite was head cheese sandwiches. I still love it,

Comment

Working...
                                X