Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bizarre sandwiches

i do something very similar mate.
    ill make chips and then put them in bread could be knutty krust bread,brown bread etc and then on goes the vinegar a lot of it.

the smell just shoots up your nose but i like it.

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    I still have both condensed milk and crisp sandwiches. I used to have jam and cheese sandwiches too but I've not had one for yonks. When I was a young kid I used to eat sauce sandwiches. When I was a teen and lazy I used to make baked bean sandwiches with loads of butter. They were amazing.

Something I still do today is whenever I have a breadcake that I am going to eat with chips, I douse the inside with vinegar. I really really like vinegar and it goes so good inside a chip butty. It sort of turns into vapour and the smell goes right up your nose while eating. I am the only person I know that does this.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I always thought the 'club' sandwiches that you got in the pubs in the mid 80's were bizarre as I couldn't open my mouth wide enough to take a proper bite

Comment

thats how they are meant to be.haha
        another one i used to have was butter sarnies.

even like ones with a half tin of beans in them.

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
        I always thought the 'club' sandwiches that you got in the pubs in the mid 80's were bizarre as I couldn't open my mouth wide enough to take a proper bite

Comment

Banana sarnies are great. Good way of using up the beyond spotty ones.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
            I love club sandwiches. There's a burger place near me that has a £3.00 club sandwich combo. I swear, it's enough for two meals.

Comment

very true.
              and i always wait till the skins have gone black until i put them in sarnies.

the banana is real soft then and tastes much better.

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
              Banana sarnies are great. Good way of using up the beyond spotty ones.

Comment

I have, in my younger days, made chocolate bar sandwiches, my favourite one being Twix. There is nothing like a thick slice of hot wholemeal bread lovingly encasing a Twix stick/bar. The chocolate gets all hot and melts and the flavour of the caramel and the biscuit mixed with the bread is actually very delicious.

This also works with Toffee Crisp. The one I have a fetish for now, for the past year or so, is Linda McCartney Vegetarian Sausage Roll sandwich. Could live on those!
                - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
                - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

wow never had ones like that before.

you would not need to do it too often or you will get rather big.

have you only did it with twix.

closest i came to that was a chocolate spread which i think sun pat did.
                  think they also did peanut butter which i put in bread.

Originally posted by the-peoples-poet View Post
                  I have, in my younger days, made chocolate bar sandwiches, my favourite one being Twix. There is nothing like a thick slice of hot wholemeal bread lovingly encasing a Twix stick/bar. The chocolate gets all hot and melts and the flavour of the caramel and the biscuit mixed with the bread is actually very delicious.

This also works with Toffee Crisp. The one I have a fetish for now, for the past year or so, is Linda McCartney Vegetarian Sausage Roll sandwich. Could live on those!

Comment

Wouldn't make any difference Darren, I am already very big. Really.

I haven't had one of those for many, many years, almost 20 at least, I think I might have tried it once with a funsize Mars bar, that was nice too.

A now ex family member once made green apple and mars bar sandwiches (not toasted). They were interesting, only had one small one, never wanted them again but the bitterness of the apple and the sweetness of the mars bar were complimentary enough.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

hehe.

its amazing how good sarnies can be when you mix odd things together and they can taste fantastic.

for instance sometimes ive mixed didfferent types of jam together in sarnies.

for example lemon curd and rasberry.
                      strawberry and marmalade etc.

as well as branston pickle sarnies.
                      ive always experimenting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally posted by the-peoples-poet View Post
                      Wouldn't make any difference Darren, I am already very big. Really.

I haven't had one of those for many, many years, almost 20 at least, I think I might have tried it once with a funsize Mars bar, that was nice too.

A now ex family member once made green apple and mars bar sandwiches (not toasted). They were interesting, only had one small one, never wanted them again but the bitterness of the apple and the sweetness of the mars bar were complimentary enough.

Comment

I don't like jams/curds myself, if I do want a sandwich, I go straight for the mild cheddar. Mm.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          Something I still do today is whenever I have a breadcake that I am going to eat with chips, I douse the inside with vinegar. I really really like vinegar and it goes so good inside a chip butty. It sort of turns into vapour and the smell goes right up your nose while eating. I am the only person I know that does this.
                          Well, I love my vinegar sandwiches too! For a treat, it's the bread liberally sprinkled with vinegar, then Seabrook salt & vinegar crisps crushed inside - Heaven!!!

Comment

never known anyone to do that.
                            you been doing that since u where knee high to a grasshopper.hehe

sometimes ill put a sausage roll in two bits of bread or in a roll and put lots of vinegar and salt on it after ive warmed it.

absolutely lovely.

Originally posted by Tortie View Post
                            Well, I love my vinegar sandwiches too! For a treat, it's the bread liberally sprinkled with vinegar, then Seabrook salt & vinegar crisps crushed inside - Heaven!!!

Comment

Pretty much - I've always loved vinegar, and have it on most of my main meals - even Christmas dinner . I've learnt to ignore the many comments I've got over the years too.

Comment

I've never tried salt and vinegar and vinegar sandwiches, but now that is on my bucket list. if only I had some slat and vinegar crisps to hand I'd do it right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X