Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the world/society today is better or worse than it was in the 1980s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you think the world/society today is better or worse than it was in the 1980s?

Originally posted by Wil View Post
    Being born in '64 I can't say what it was like being an adult in the '70s and (for a bit of) the '80s and when I look back at what was going on in Britain during those times it can seem pretty depressing. But as a kid it was great. We really were outside all the time and while I'm sure as an 8 year old in '72 I would have thought that 24/7 kids TV, the net, mobiles etc, computers and consoles were all great ideas, now I can see that they really aren't.

What I see now are a lot of people worried about everything they were back then - money, jobs, housing and their kids growing up well. I don't think society is any worse but I think that the popular culture around us is.

i sure agree with the bits i have underlined.
    thing is thoese things are good in moderation.
    but kids now are too much into computers the net mobile phones etc instead of going out like we did.

thats one reason i feel society is worse now than in the eighties.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: Do you think the world/society today is better or worse than it was in the 1980s?

Originally posted by darren View Post
      i sure agree with the bits i have underlined.
      thing is thoese things are good in moderation.
      but kids now are too much into computers the net mobile phones etc instead of going out l;ike we did.

thats one reason i feel society is worse now than in the eighties.
      True there was other thing's going on in the 1980s. Cinema's etc were more popular and other group's etc to engage in etc and activities, but as with most thing's all Gonvermount's since then have let everything go to rack and ruin ... eg Public Transport, School's, Town Centres etc.

Comment

Working...
      X