Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

Originally posted by Roz View Post
    The buses here seem to have got much smaller. I always sit near the back so that old/disabled people can sit near the front, but if you have a couple of heavy bags it's
    a battle trying to get back to the front of the bus to get off as the aisles are so narrow.

It's even worse if there are overweight people sitting on the outer seats as you almost behead them with your bags struggling to get past!
    Ha ha ha I laughed at your last comment When I am waiting for the bus all the golden oldies and not thin people are sitting down so I get there a bit early so I can get on first (mind you my feet are killing me by then waiting for 10 minutes which feels like hours). Then I pat myself on the back for getting the pick of seats (not front I leave them for the old and disabled) and quite often a very overweight person sits next to me and squashes me so I have now become one of those annoying people who puts my bag on seat unless I can see it becoming very packed. They should ban mobile phones though (only for texting) I do not wish to hear of peoples love lives, getting wrecked and escapades.

Comment

Originally posted by culnara View Post
      just thought of another one, to me it is £1 pound / £2 pounds
      some people just say pound all the time, don't know why, but it bugs me rotten
      yes it cost me £200 pound
      or
      I am selling this for £15 pound

grrrrr, more than one means it's POUNDS!!!

rant over
      lol i never even thought of that before, i tend to use both pound and pounds for the plural without even thinking about it, but more than often i tend to say things like "200 quid" cos 200 quids sounds weird lol

Comment

I don't know anyone who says the proper plural 'pounds'. I know it's correct but it sounds weird to stick the extra s in.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
          I don't know anyone who says the proper plural 'pounds'. I know it's correct but it sounds weird to stick the extra s in.
          Agree with Tricky, it's nearly always said as pound even though it's grammatically incorrect.
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Any supermarket trollies who's wheels are not aligned correctly and thus always veering off left or right or rattles just one wheel. Self Service Checkouts (never been through one that didn't ping red Please wait for assistance!)

PPI insurance phone calls. Chuggers. People who don't acknowledge an act of politeness usually due to being on a mobile phone.

I know they are petty but that's just me.

Comment

had that happen regarding trollies.

i want them to go one way and they go there own way.
              not easy when u have a near full trolly.

Originally posted by a_c_g_t View Post
              Any supermarket trollies who's wheels are not aligned correctly and thus always veering off left or right or rattles just one wheel. Self Service Checkouts (never been through one that didn't ping red Please wait for assistance!)

PPI insurance phone calls. Chuggers. People who don't acknowledge an act of politeness usually due to being on a mobile phone.

I know they are petty but that's just me.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

oh after watching day break every morning gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr think some one out to get me they go and chuck on rylan in it from x factor aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh tha an other i aint going watch now I HATE THA GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
                SOZ PPL had get that of me chest
                THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                  oh after watching day break every morning gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr think some one out to get me they go and chuck on rylan in it from x factor aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh tha an other i aint going watch now I HATE THA GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
                  SOZ PPL had get that of me chest
                  I hate the other bloke who usually presents the showbiz features Richard Arnold is it? They got rid of him but for some reason seem to have brought him back.

I ended up not watching it anymore as found him so irritating, haven't had the 'pleasure' of seeing Rylan.

GMTV/Daybreak have had some very annoying presenters over the years, never liked Fiona Phillips, Eamonn Holmes or Lorraine Kelly.

Comment

oh u read my mind roz.heh.

i cant stand richard arnold either.
                    nor fiona phillips.

a show i avoid likethe plague.
                    daybreak seems to have the knack of attracting people that irritate me.

and they are probably dead outside daybreak.

Comment

Fiona Phillips is literally the worst female presenter ever. Her voice is just the right wave length for me to tune out, similar to a baby crying or an old person falling over. Not too good when her job is meant to be informing me.

Arian Chiles has to be the contender for worst male presenter. He's like a creepy ventriloquists dummy, sat on the directors invisible knee whilst being manipulated into spouting rubbish on recent topics, similar to that guy in the pub nobody likes because they think their an expert on everything.

Bruce Forsyth comes in close second. If you went a show and an old doddery man came on as compare and did the same act as old Bruce does you'd key the Help the Aged van that brought said act to the show on the way out. How Bruce still gets gigs is beyond my comprehension. Let someone else have a go Bruce, someone that doesn't have to take a powernap during the breaks of the show their supposed to be presenting.

Comment

I also never liked Fiona Phillips or Eamonn Holmes, although I do quite like Richard Arnold. Can't stand Lorraine Kelly though and why do they keep bringing her back? Every time there's a breakfast tv overhaul she reappears like a cockroach surviving nuclear war. They should get rid of her and give somebody else a chance. Same goes for that horrible, smug Hilary Jones.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                          I also never liked Fiona Phillips or Eamonn Holmes, although I do quite like Richard Arnold. Can't stand Lorraine Kelly though and why do they keep bringing her back? Every time there's a breakfast tv overhaul she reappears like a cockroach surviving nuclear war. They should get rid of her and give somebody else a chance. Same goes for that horrible, smug Hilary Jones.
                          I agree with you about Lorraine Kelly. Get rid and give someone else a chance. I nearly fell of my chair when I read someone found her to be a sexy mama argh! Each to their own I suppose. Like Richard Arnold at least he makes me laugh.

Have to say though with the current job recession why does Holly Willoughby have to have so many jobs? Can't they give the rest of them to other people? No wonder she has no time to see her kids! I read the other day she doesn't like that a photo was mocked up of her being naked? Er hello why does she appear on Celebrity juice and doesn't mind the crudeness. Pot Kettle Black and all that.

While I'm at it Cheryl Cole gets up my nose with them L'Oreal ad no you are not worth it. Conveniently forgotten when she hit a toilet attendant years back and was a national treasure. Pull the other one! She can't even sing. Peter Andre another one who has got to big for his boots his My Life advertised at a drop of a hat. No I'm sick of his posing etc. Go away! I have to close my eyes until the ad for his show finishes.
                          Last edited by Beach Life; 11-12-2012, 17:29.

Comment

JOrdan would have to be one of mine.
                            plain and simple.

could never really stand richard and judy either.
                            well far more judy i could not stand

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                              JOrdan would have to be one of mine.
                              plain and simple.
                              I know this wasn't an intentional joke, but that really made me laugh. Plain and simple indeed.

Comment

Denise Welsh is another one that gets on my wick in Loose Women and when she won Celebrity Big Brother she was an embarassement for women flashing her bits on tv and chasing Michael Madsen (Resevoir Dogs) and just being her usual annoying self.

Also Vincent Simone from Strictly Dancing. He is so in love with himself, Helen Flannagan's behaviour when she was on I'm a Celebrity and people who are called Celebrity too easily (reality show people) and didn't realise MP's are celebrities I can think of other words for them!
                                Last edited by Beach Life; 12-12-2012, 01:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X