X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George 1978
    replied
    Re: Favourite zoo animals

I was going to put "cow" on here but one doesn't find them in zoos.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    And I thought the chimps drunk tea.
    Possibly they do

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    I suppose most animals do to cool off in SUMMER.I know the chimps in monkey world have ice lollies on hot day and they give them jacket potatoes in winter
    And I thought the chimps drunk tea.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    Do giraffes really eat ice cream?
    I suppose most animals do to cool off in SUMMER.I know the chimps in monkey world have ice lollies on hot day and they give them jacket potatoes in winter

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Do giraffes really eat ice cream?

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Gotta say giraffes, so gracious....until they nick your ice cream that is !
    Yes, although the main problem with being a giraffe is getting a stiff neck all the time.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Cheeky Chimps so intelligent

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Gotta say giraffes, so gracious....until they nick your ice cream that is !

Leave a comment:

• FlowerWY
    replied

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
    About 20 years ago.There wasn't much i didn't have back then.Horses,Goats,Guinea pigs,13 cats etc. Neighbours thought i had a farm lol Those were the days.
    Nowadays you can just buy a hamster or bunch of guinea pigs at almost any pet store. Getting a goat is more complicated I had cats and hamsters in my childhood but nowadays all I can afford are rats in my basement. By the way, any ideas how to get rid of them? I think that best solutions are covered in this article.

Originally posted by Danniella View Post
    I love all animals, big or small, tame or wild, i'm not a fan of zoos though, i don't believe animals should be locked up in cages then viewed by the paying public, i believe they should be left in their own environment, i do agree with sancturies though for endangered animals but definitely not zoos.
    I agree with this statement. As as kid I loved visiting a local zoo but with age I understood that even the best zoos harm animals and even the best zoo can't provide living conditions close to natural. Unless you're sheltering endangered species like tigers, then that's acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
    I love all animals, big or small, tame or wild, i'm not a fan of zoos though, i don't believe animals should be locked up in cages then viewed by the paying public, i believe they should be left in their own environment, i do agree with sancturies though for endangered animals but definitely not zoos.
    Totally agree with those sentiments Nugs. We have a zoo in OZ at Dubbo (central NSW) where animals are left to roam in a large open range unlike the inner city Taronga Zoo where they are all caged.

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stud1al
    replied

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    Very nice StudAl - I see where you user-name comes from now, it's cool to meet a fellow Horsey guy

I have always dreamed of a Career in Equine and tried for forever to get in at College to study it , but to no avail

That about shooting Donkey's is totaly horrid indeed no doubts

80sChav

You're right about the username and about the shooting of Donkeys.

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
    About 20 years ago.There wasn't much i didn't have back then.Horses,Goats,Guinea pigs,13 cats etc. Neighbours thought i had a farm lol Those were the days.
    Very nice StudAl - I see where you user-name comes from now, it's cool to meet a fellow Horsey guy

I have always dreamed of a Career in Equine and tried for forever to get in at College to study it , but to no avail

That about shooting Donkey's is totaly horrid indeed no doubts

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• stud1al
    replied

Originally posted by darren View Post
    REALLY THESE USED TO DO THAT WITH DONKEYS TERRIBLE THAT IS.

YOU USED TO HAVE A DONKEY HOW LONG AGO WAS THAT.

ZEBRAS ARE NICE WITH THEIR BLACK AND WHITE STRIPES.

BELOW PIC IS FROM DUBLIN ZOO

Leave a comment:

• stud1al
    replied

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
    Did giraffe to ask me that?

Didn't get that at first. Good joke.Very clever .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X