Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riding ON THE BUSES

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Riding ON THE BUSES

    h
    Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
    Ok back to out movie 1 theme.
    For what reason does Jack call a stop work meeting early in the film?

    It's something to do with the canteen. There's no-one to make breakfasts for the early shift and Olive gets a job as cook.

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: Riding ON THE BUSES

      Originally posted by staffslad View Post
      h


      It's something to do with the canteen. There's no-one to make breakfasts for the early shift and Olive gets a job as cook.
      No not precisely. That instance with Olive getting a canteen job was one of the episodes I think. Yes it has to do with the canteen.

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: Riding ON THE BUSES

        I think I remember. The canteen is closed and replaced by a machine. The food in it is so bad that Jack calls a meeting and that is when Olive gets the job.

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: Riding ON THE BUSES

          That's it Staffslad; I remember something like that, I think
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Riding ON THE BUSES

            Originally posted by staffslad View Post
            I think I remember. The canteen is closed and replaced by a machine. The food in it is so bad that Jack calls a meeting and that is when Olive gets the job.
            Yes Olive joins after the usual cook leaves and the canteen is left without any hot food. That is reason for the stop work.

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: Riding ON THE BUSES

              Let me rephrase that. The initial stop work by Jack was bc the canteen was left with no one to cook hot food. The machine was brought in and later Olive.

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: Riding ON THE BUSES

                O/T but do you remember which one of the cast played a drag act in a Pink Panther movie?
                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Riding ON THE BUSES

                  Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                  O/T but do you remember which one of the cast played a drag act in a Pink Panther movie?
                  Yes the brother in law.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Riding ON THE BUSES

                    In one scene Blake confiscates Stans washing.. why and what happens next. Bonus point.. name one of the two dolly birds involved in this scene.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Riding ON THE BUSES

                      staffslad I have been asked to tell you to delete PM file.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: Riding ON THE BUSES

                        Stan has picked up the wrong washing. Blakey is confronted by the owner and it is full of women's undies. Blakey is arrested for being a knicker-snatcher. One dolly is Wendy Richard.

                        I've emptied my PMs.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: Riding ON THE BUSES

                          Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                          Yes the brother in law.
                          Yeah - was a real surprise when he popped up singing in drag to Clouseau!
                          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Riding ON THE BUSES

                            Reg Varney also played a drag performer in a seldom seen film from 1973 called The Best Pair of Legs in the Business, a bitter-sweet drama set in a seaside holiday camp.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: Riding ON THE BUSES

                              Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                              Stan has picked up the wrong washing. Blakey is confronted by the owner and it is full of women's undies. Blakey is arrested for being a knicker-snatcher. One dolly is Wendy Richard.

                              I've emptied my PMs.
                              Brilliant answer. To the letter. Your memory wow.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: Riding ON THE BUSES

                                Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                                Blakey is arrested for being a knicker-snatcher. .
                                Or a 'knicker nicker' lol
                                sigpic
                                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X