This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what pets do you have?

Same here Stu, sorry you finallly had to let her go. I'm sure shes given you years of very happy memories
    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by bumblelady View Post
      hiya guys hope you dont mind me starting a new thread, im getting to know you lot by the games and just wondering as being a pet lover what pets you got, what names and age,

ive got westie dog 6 months
      cat sooty 9
      cat kitty 8
      and rabbit
      I've got 4 boa constrictors (Victor, Sausage, Hippo and Baby)
      1 Tarantula (Arthur)
      2 Geckos (Spotty and Winkle)
      2 Crocodile Skinks (Godzilla and Godzuki)
      Numerous Tropical Fish and Koi Carp
      "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
      sigpic

Comment

That poem brought a tear to my eye.

Sorry to hear about Misty. 17 is a decent age for any pet and i'm sure that you have many memories to treasure. My parents have always had dogs and when the time comes it is inevitably one of the most difficult and heartbreaking decisions to make.

Our first dog (Juno, a great dane) is the only one that has died at home. He had kidney failure at 10 years old.

Kelly (another great dane) had a heart attack and had to be put to sleep and I think she was 10 at the time.

Next came Roxy (rottweiler). Every morning when she heard the chinking of milk bottles she'd fly down the stairs and start barking at the milkman. One particular morning the sound was different. the first couple of steps were fine then it sounded like rolling thunder and ended with with a thud. She fell down the stairs and hit the front door. My dad took her to the vet because she was limping and they gave her some tablets (thought it may be arthiritis due to her age, 10 again I think). After a couple of weeks there was no improvement so my dad made another appointment with the vet. The night before she was due to go, I noticed a swelling on her head which we put down to the fall. The following day (new years eve 1997, i'll never forget it) I received a phone call at work from my dad. Roxy had been put to sleep. It wasn't arthiritis as the vet thought. She'd taken x rays and had a brain tumour and the cancer had also eaten through her shoulder bone which had snapped as she ran down the stairs. The vet was distraught because she'd missed it first time around and felt that she'd caused unneccessary suffering by letting her carry on for a couple of weeks.

Finally came Brandy (another rottie). This dog was closer to me than any of the others. She used to run to greet me, follow me everywhere and sleep outside my bedroom door at night. She was only 8 when she had to be put to sleep and I wasn't there at the end for her which still haunts me now. She developed a limp in one of her hind legs which was diagnosed as bone cancer in January 2006. Again I received a phonecall at work. My dad was at the vets with her and gave me the options. He could leave her under and let her slip away or said that if she was ok in herself she could come home but had six months left at best. I was too upset to decide anything so my mum said bring her home and spoil her rotten for whatever time she had left. I also decided that I should be the one that should make the final journey to the vets with her as I was the one she was closest to and my dad had already been through it twice. In the April, me and my wife went to Australia on a surprise visit for her brother 40th birthday. Whilst I was away I phoned every couple of days to see how she was. During one of the calls my mother said she had gone down hill and to expect the worst because my dad was taking her to the vets again. The following day I made the call and got the news I had expected. I later found out that she had been put to sleep 5 days earlier but my mother couldn't bring herself to tell me. Brandy had developed a secondary tumour behind the eyes so there was no way back.

They now have a mad as a hatter Labrador called Sasha. They wanted a rescue dog (preferrably a rottweiler) but the home didn't have any and my dad spotted sasha and fell in love with her. Despite the bad press, I would happily have another Rottweiler myself as they are lovely dogs and even during the worst of their pain, neither Roxy or Brandy bit or made any attempt to bite anybody. The vet even commented that Roxy must have been very faithful as she hadn't gone for any of us being in so much pain. I would love a dog now but we both work full time so it wouldn't be fair. That pleasure will have to wait until I retire.
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

One of our rabbits died a couple of weeks ago, but we've now got a black and white one.

Comment

Two labradors Maisie a chocolate,Coral a Golden
            Two cats Oscar and Molly
            A rabbit Rosie
            Two fish tanks

Comment

ok, I've got another Furkid
              When I lost Misty, I had went out to tell the woman I got Him from about the Sad News, She again offered Me " Olivia "
              She'd offered Me Her before when I lost my Hamish, but same as Before, I politely declined at the time
              Then I really noticed how quiet the house was and after some serious thought, I accepted and took Her Home
              She's been here for 2 weeks now and is settling in nicely
              She's such a sweet natured wee thing and Just Loves all the attention

and such a poser LOL

DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Introducing the newest member of the family -
                Millie!

Comment

Originally posted by culnara View Post
                  When I lost Misty, I had went out to tell the woman I got Him from about the Sad News, She again offered Me " Olivia "
                  She'd offered Me Her before when I lost my Hamish, but same as Before, I politely declined at the time
                  Then I really noticed how quiet the house was and after some serious thought, I accepted and took Her Home

and such a poser LOL

What a stunner she is too!

Really happy for you after your sad loss.
                  sigpic
                  'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Thanks Kaz
                    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by culnara View Post

and such a poser LOL

Your cats got s CRACKING 'tache!! Aaw what a cutie!
                      "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't remember if I've replied to this so here goes..

I've got:

4 Boa Constrictors, Victor, Hippo, Sausage and Baby.
                        1 Jungle Gecko, Spotty.
                        1 Leopard Gecko, Winkle.
                        2 Crocodile Skinks, Twig and Stick.
                        1 Tarantula, Arthur (who turned out to be a girl...)
                        And about 200 Koi Carp and Goldfish - too many to name!!
                        About 20 Tropical fish including names such as Shark, The Babies, 4 called Richie (don't ask...), 3 called Fatty (I know...) Here's pics of some of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	258831
                        Victor

Name:	PICT0022.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	258832
                        Sausage - he's a biggun and still growing (7 foot so far!!)

Name:	Winkle 2.jpg
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	258833
                        Winkle - Aaaaaaw..... I LOVE her!

Name:	Me and My Mate.jpg
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	258834
                        Me and Arthur - he's itchy!!
                        Last edited by Teejay; 01-06-2009, 22:11.
                        sigpic

Comment

We've got a tropical aquarium containing 36 fish and we now have a springer spaniel pup aged almost nine weeks - we've had her since last Wednesday and we're off to the vets this Wednesday for injections and worming. She's gorgeous - will provide some pics soon.

Mind you, she bites like hell and my hands are like raw liver, lol. Bless, she's only teething.
                          Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

i have a 4 yr old little maltese/foxy cross called Baxter

Comment

I have a 2 year old Border Terrier called Annie...shes so laid back and is full of character....and my best friend .

Terrier.

Comment

Sorry forgot pic.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X