Los Lobos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Lobos

The Mexican Style band formed in 1974 in L.A. They originally set out to be a rock 'n' roll band but veered towards a more traditional Mexican sound, combining blues, R&B, Country & Tex-Mex during their 25 years together. The bands name is Spanish for 'The Wolves'.Los Lobos' biggest commercial success was in 1987 when the band's remake of Ritchie Valens' "La Bamba, from the movie of the same name," topped the charts. In 1992, The band released what was rated by critics and fans as being their best ever record, "Kiko", this earned them an MTV award. Over the years, the band released a number of albums, were presented with numerous Grammy awards and were involved in film. They are still currently touring (2011) with the likes of Eric Clapton.

More...

Re: Los Lobos

I've still got a recording of a chart show when they were at number 1 with La Bamba.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

here they are in action in 1991.
      http://youtu.be/8tHCsUsCfCY
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Haha. I remember all the girls getting up to dance to La Bamba in the teenagers' disco/club on a caravan site in Blackpool. Summer of '87. Then my mate requested What Have I Done to Deserve This? by the Pet Shop Boys and they all sat down leaving the dance floor empty. Stupid boy.

Comment

Working...
        X