Etch-a-Sketch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etch-a-Sketch

Etch-a-Sketch was a red plastic square-shaped toy with a grey screen. When you turned the two knobs a line would appear on the screen. One dial made the 'cursor' move up and down and the other moved the 'cursor left and right. To draw a complex design took a lot of patience as it was only really possible to draw images with straight lines. Diagonal lines were drawn by carefully moving the up vertical dial and then the horizontal dial. Circles were impossible.When you were finished with your design, or you'd given up on something that was overly ambitious to start with you cleared the screen by shaking the Etch-a-Sketch up and down. One of the most frustrating things was that you couldn't 'undo' a line if you made a mistake - so you had to start all over again.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Etch-a-Sketch

Comment

Blimey my pictures never looked like that! Infact I was pretty rubbish with my Etch A Sketch My brother Ian however could draw quite a good sports car with it!
      I remember treading on mine and cracking the screen
      Heather

Comment

I was lucky if I could draw a wonky house

Comment

thats all I use to draw, square house,triangle flat top roof, four square windows a door and a chimmey Oh and If I was feeling really creative i added a drainpipe and garden path.
          Heather

Comment

Working...
          X