Big Red Chimney Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Red Chimney Pot

Big Red Chimney Pot was the follow-up to the Big Yellow Tea Pot. It was basically a toy red chimney pot that opened up in the middle and had rooms and stuff for little people to live inside. It had a big yellow nose that squeaked when you squeezed it too. I got it for Christmas circa '88

More...
    Last edited by Heather74; 14-11-2010, 00:13. Reason: adding images
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Big Red Chimney Pot

My sister had the big yellow tea pot but I always thought the chimney pot looked better. Had forgotten about it til now, thank you!

Comment

I had to spruce up a Big Red Chimney Pot when I was helping in a charity shop.

Comment

Treehouse, big yellow tea pot and chimney pot; I was denied them all! I think the chimney pot looks the best.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

So a family of soot lived in it? lol.

Comment

not sure that would be allowed now??
            Last edited by smurfie1; 27-10-2011, 07:56. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by smurfie1 View Post
              Why not???

Bluebird made lovely toys....I like their M.A.N.T.A FORCE and ZERO HOUR stuff...but the latter should have had similar scale figures and they could have made it as the prequel range to M.A.N.T.A. FORCE i.e. B.A.D. BRIGADE and their other teams led to the wars which result in over population and by the future the MANTA Expedition began....well, thats what I'd have done....

They also did a toyline called 'Warriors of KERRANG' about 3 3/4 inch knights on the planet Kerrang and you had 4 buttons on their chests and when you pressed them you could pop off the arms or legs or whole waist and swop them for other molded arms with weapons or 'steeds' with molded legs on them....nice packaging art done by the same ZERO HOUR artist....Sadly Mattel bought them up JUST for Polly Pocket and Mighty Max dropping all the other ranges they had, they still have the licences to make new versions of all the Bluebird stuff including the chimney and Tea Pot etc....I know Mattel released ZERO HOUR as CODE ZERO in the USA/EU/CANADA, just the logo was changed even though it had the exact same typeface and the boxes didn't have as much background info but had tri-lingual text...

Comment

Originally posted by smurfie1 View Post
                The thought crossed my mind too but it would be really sad if it wasn't allowed now. I mean soot people are going to be black. There's no racism about it at all!
                1976 Vintage

Comment

have i still got that big red chimney dyr daddy.

i remember it well muself had both this and the yellow tea pot.

i forgot how much there was to this.

great memories mate.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                    The thought crossed my mind too but it would be really sad if it wasn't allowed now. I mean soot people are going to be black. There's no racism about it at all!
                    I agree nothing wrong but the world's a bit crazy these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X