Jimbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimbo

Jimbo And The Jet Set (often shortened to simply Jimbo) was a British animated cartoon series in the 80s, featuring the adventures of a talking aeroplane. it originally ran for 25 episodes between 1985 and 1986.The story behind the show is that Jimbo was originally intended to be a Jumbo Jet, but his designer couldn't tell the difference between inches and centimetres, resulting in his diminutive size. Aaaaaah!The television series featured various talking airport ground vehicles (Tommy Tow-Truck, Claude Catering, Amanda Baggage, Phil the Fuel Truck, Sammy Steps and Harry Helicopter. Other plane characters appear from time to time, such as Old Timer, a Vickers Wellington bomber. The story is based at a fictional London Airport, under the command of an irate controller who frequently ends episodes screaming, "I want words with you, Jimbo!".Some printed material and toy merchandise featured Gloria Gatwick, a female counterpart to Jimbo, but she did not appear in a speaking role within the TV episodes (save for one brief appearance in one episode, where she can be clearly seen from a top-viewed angle). Jimbo was made by the same people behind Penny Crayon and Family Ness, giving little boys something to watch.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Jimbo

what a truly amazing theme tune.
    you think at the of the theme tune they are going to lose their voices.
    yet another show from my younger days that had great music.

there where 25 episodes in total.
    each episode was 5 minutes long.
    it ran from.
    march 30th 1985 to november 29th 1986.
    it was a bbc1 show.
    Last edited by darren; 09-02-2011, 16:33.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Most of the voices were by the late Peter Hawkins, who also did voice work for Captain Pugwash, the Joe & Petunia PIFs & the original Daleks, among others.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Jimbo used to feature in a comic called 'Button' that had other cartoons in it like Rolo and other cartoons from that era. My memories very hazy over it all though, it was like 25 years ago, I was very very young.

Comment

I used to love Jimbo as a child. I used to sit in Sunday school and draw pictures of him - shows how much I paid attention lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sandie76 View Post
            I used to love Jimbo as a child. I used to sit in Sunday school and draw pictures of him - shows how much I paid attention lol.
            your a bit of an artist sandie.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              your a bit of an artist sandie.
              Well I thought Jimbo was a fairly easy one to draw, but did used to draw alot in my younger days.

Comment

Working...
              X