Robert's Robots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert's Robots

This was a kids' show aired on ITV around 5pm midweek in 1975. A mad scientist called Robert Sommerby lived in the countryside with his aunt. He had designed his own robots, who were all fatally flawed in their own unique, comical way. The robots were very human in appearance and the make-up and props were all rather basic, however it was very funny if you were only eight years old! There was a male angst-ridden hypocondriac called Eric, a big man with an afro, silver face and bolts in his neck, KT a chaotic female robot who was created to be a domestic helper but was totally useless and sounds scarily like a Gumbie from Monty Python, plus Desiree who is programmed to declare her undying love to every man she met. A couple of baddies were constantly trying to get into Robert's house and get hold of his robot blueprints. Robert's Robots was the follow up to Pardon My Genie.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Robert's Robots

I have fond memories of this programme and put a post on here asking about it but someone who I think has gone directed alot of sarcasm and bad manners towards me and ruined it. Much more of a pleasure to be on here now this guy has gone,shame lots of others went or got banned because of him but you always get one now and again.
    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

"Robert's Robots" is available on DVD for anyone who might be interested

It has some similarities with the more recent Channel 4 drama series 'Humans'.
      "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

One show ive never heard of.
        When i read the thread title i thought it was a cartoon about robots.

Another comedy i must check out.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I still have a drawing I did of some robots as a child & I'm nearly sure I got the idea for them from this particular show.
          "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

I was written by Bob Block, who went on to write Rentaghost & Galloping Galaxies!
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yes, I remember this - simple kids' fare...
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
              X