Jim Diamond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Diamond

Jim Diamond was formerly the lead vocalist with early 80s group Ph.D, who scored a sizeable chart hit with the song 'I Won't Let You Down'. His biggest solo hits were 'Hi Ho Silver' (the theme tune from Boon) and the chart-topper 'I Should Have Known Better'.Jim's voice has also frequently been used on charity singles, including 'You'll Never Walk Alone', 'Sailing' and 'Let It Be', as well as on a number of Genesis tracks. Before life with Ph.D he sand in a number of smaller bands from the age of 15, including one that also boasted a member of AC/DC.It was when Jim contracted hepatitis that Ph.D decided to part ways, and he was signed as a solo artist. More recently, Jim has been working with the saxophonist from soul band M People. He released a studio album in 2005, proving he stll has what it takes after all these years.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Jim Diamond

What a classic singer from "back in the day" Jim Diamond was too! Sadly I never knew though Jim sang the Boon Theme Tune - this shows how talented as he was, as not every average singer (which without doubt Jim can not be called) what-soever would be given a chance to sing such a major Theme Tune

Jim's 2I Should've Known Better" was a great song that sums up the 80s mode/era superbly I think. It is just a shame I think that really talented singers like Jim and Paul Young are often only recalled for major hits - when in esence they can give one superb show consisting of minor and major hits. I recall a few years since in my ex-home village/town down the road from where I live know people ridiculed this notion that Paul was reduced to such venues - when in essence I bet for £15/£20 or whatever I bet he gave a great show (abliet in a small venue). If I had had a friend who was free at the time (sadly some was'nt and some had other things going on) no way would I have turned down such a concert as too I would'nt re; Jim neither, if the chance accured!!

80s Chav

Comment

Re: Jim Diamond

If I remember rightly Jim sang a song for Gaby Roslin on her last Big Breakfast when she left for Zoe Ball to take over
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
      X