Bananarama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bananarama

You're right about the album title- it WAS called Deep Sea SKiving, not Diving.
    Siobhan Fahey left when she married Dave Stewart of The Eurhythmics- apparently she's supposed to be a bit of a pervert, into rubberwear and S & M.
    The other two are still pegging on, although I saw them interviewed on TV a couple of years ago and they didn't come across as terribly bright.
    I DO like their music though- 'Cruel Summer' is an underrated number, quite atmospheric and very redolent of lonely hot Summers in the city.
    I remember getting cross when they were on Top Of The Pops and were given cardboard cut-out guitars that they had to pretend to play- I thought that was patronising, treating them like children.

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
      Good point

We al know what a great band QUEEN were and Freddie Mercury had a fantastiic voice yet they were booed off the stage when they came to Australia.
      The same people who made Yahoo Serious a comic star.

Comment

in 1981 i saw bananrama open for the jam the most bizarre choice of support act ever

Comment

cardboard guitars how disrespectful and patronising.
          a group that had a lot of success.
          songs ike cruel summer,venus and quite a few others.

wrong to treat them this way.
          one of the biggest groups of the eighties.

Originally posted by Roxxy View Post
          You're right about the album title- it WAS called Deep Sea SKiving, not Diving.
          Siobhan Fahey left when she married Dave Stewart of The Eurhythmics- apparently she's supposed to be a bit of a pervert, into rubberwear and S & M.
          The other two are still pegging on, although I saw them interviewed on TV a couple of years ago and they didn't come across as terribly bright.
          I DO like their music though- 'Cruel Summer' is an underrated number, quite atmospheric and very redolent of lonely hot Summers in the city.
          I remember getting cross when they were on Top Of The Pops and were given cardboard cut-out guitars that they had to pretend to play- I thought that was patronising, treating them like children.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
          X