No announcement yet.

One Hit Wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Together We Are Beautiful ( Fern Kinney )
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

"Drowning in Berlin" - The Mobiles
      "Echo Beach" - martha and the Muffins
      "I Want More" - Can
      "Who do you Think You Are?" - Candlewick Green
      "Girlie Girlie" - Sophia George
      Old enough to know better...

Comment

bow wow wow i want candy
        toni basil Mickey
        gang of four i love a man in uniform (still do !!!!)
        Andrea

------------------------------------------------------
        THEY THINK THAT IM THE OTHER ONE AND THE OTHER ONE IS ME. BUT I AM NOT THE OTHER ONE AND THE OTHER ONE AIN'T ME

Comment

roland rat rat rapping

Comment

Mouldy Old Dough (Lieutenant Pigeon )
            Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

mr blobby AAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Comment

reynolds girls

Does anyone remember the Reynolds GIrls with their unforgettable (!) hit 'I'd Rather Jack ? Went along the lines of "I'd rather jack, than fleetwood mac".
                If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

The Reynolds Girls

I remember that song! Was it two girls? If so, I think they were signed to Stock, Aiken and Waterman in the 80's. One of them had given up their A levels to join the band, and then they got dumped by SAW straight after this single. I remember this cos I thought it was quite funny at the time...

Comment

What happened to living in a box? They did 2 songs to my memory so not strictly a one hit wonder. "Living in a box and Room in your heart"

Live it up - Mental as anything - I adore that song
                    Bridge to your heart - Wax - What happened to Wax!

oo am on a roll! Haylo James!! Turn back the clock!

Comment

Silly Games - Janet Kay

Comment

Originally posted by Popsicle
                        I used to like New Musik! They had about 4 UK hit singles, "Straight Lines" and "Living By Numbers" were a couple, as well as "Sanctuary". I also have the albums "From A to B" and "Anywhere" and last year managed to get the former on a CD re-issue.
                        Red Box had two UK top 10 hits, as well as "Lean On Me" they also hit with "For America". I have the vinyl album somewhere, called "The Circle and the Square", but I have not come across it on CD.
                        You got me on The Planets one though - I can't seem to remember that one at the moment!
                        Ha! I can't believe it's been so long since I've been here. I've only just spotted this reply

You can get the third New Musik album - Warp on CD from Japan but it's not all that good.
                        The Planets had two albums - Goon Hilly Down and Spot but only the one hit. Lines got to 36 in 1978 (is that a hit?).

Comment

So many one hit wonders. I have a few of em in my MP3 collection too.
                          How about...
                          Plastique Bertrand - Ca plane pour moi
                          Tommy TwoTone - 867-5309 (Jenny)
                          Starlight Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
                          Wild Cherry - Play that Funky Music

Not strictly a One Hit Wonder, but does anyone remember `Yes Sir, I can Boogie` by Bacarra?
                          LIFE is a four letter word, but which one...?

Comment

Wil, I used to love New Musik too. I managed to find From A to B and Anywhere on CD - I'd love to get a hold of Warp.

Anyone remember Dolce Vita by Ryan Paris?

Comment

Can anyone else remember a song by a group called "Star Turn On 45 Pints" and it was called "Pump Up The Bitter"?

It was a brilliant mickey-take of M.A.R.R.S "Pump Up The Volume" I loved it but strangely never bought it.

All together now:

"Pump up the bitter, pump up the bitter, pump up the bitter, brew it, brew it" lol

"Ya drink 16 pints and waddya get? Ya wake up in the morning and ya bed is wet"

Great song *ROFL*

Comment

LOL I remember that...Put the needle on the record, put the needle on the record

Comment

Working...
                                X