One Hit Wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: One Hit Wonders

Has anybody mentioned SUKIYAKI by Kyu Sakamoto?

Comment

"Little does she know" Kursaal Flyers.I think it was their only chart hit.
      Also I think "spirit in the sky"Doctor and the medics .

Comment

"Chanson D'Amour" by Manhatten Transfer?
        "Einstein-A-Go-Go" by Landscape
        "Video Killed The Radio Star" by Buggles
        "Hey Little Girl" by Icehouse
        "99 Red Balloons" by Nena
        "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin

Comment

Listened to one today - "O Superman" by Laurie Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by mazzer View Post
            "Chanson D'Amour" by Manhatten Transfer?
            "Einstein-A-Go-Go" by Landscape
            "Video Killed The Radio Star" by Buggles
            "Hey Little Girl" by Icehouse
            "99 Red Balloons" by Nena
            "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin

Manhatten Transfer also had a big hit with TWILIGHT ZONE
            Icehouse had many hits in Australia but also another huge worldwide hit with the song ELECTRIC BLUE.

Comment

Since my post above I remembered that Icehouse did have another hit over here - "Street Cafe". I knew they were big in Oz, had their debut album (still do, on my iPod!) and loved it.
              I wouldn't know about Manhatten Transfer, I'm not a fan!

Comment

Since my post above I remembered that Icehouse did have another hit over here - "Street Cafe". I knew they were big in Oz, had their debut album (still do, on my iPod!) and loved it.
                I wouldn't know about Manhatten Transfer, I'm not a fan!
                You probably have more aussie music than i dio and i live in that part of the world lol

Comment

Aussies! Men At Work - "Down Under"! Ripper!

Oh, and what about "Spaceman" by Babylon Zoo - the one that made it big cos of a jeans advert.

Comment

I don't recall the SPACEMAN one but here's another aussie one hit wonder
                    Joe Dolce with SHADDAP YOU FACE

Comment

Aussies! Men At Work - "Down Under"! Ripper!

Oh, and what about "Spaceman" by Babylon Zoo - the one that made it big cos of a jeans advert.
                      I think that the defination of one hit wonders is for a group that release 1 single then just disappear.I have 3 men at work albums.People misconstrew the same about The buggles,However i have there album "welcome to the plastic age".
                      sigpic

Comment

Or have just one hit.
                        I think The Buggles had just one hit single though i know they made more than one album

Sherbet were one hit wonders in the U.K weren't they? (HOWZAT!)
                        Their follow up single YOU'VE GOT THE GUN flopped due to lack of airplay (or so i read) over there but was a hit here as were most of their records

Comment

• Re: Help!

Originally posted by Winnie44 View Post
                          Can anyone help?? Back in...I think the mid 80's (84-85-86ish) there was a 'summer' hit called 'call me'. the chorus was 'call me, call me, baby baby call me now.....' I was in ibiza at the time and it was played constantly. Can anyone remember it and who sang it??? Think it was some woman with really blonde spiky hair???
                          God yeah, I remember this... Spagna sang it. I remember it playing in a disco the night I got my Leaving Cert results in June '87 (like the Uk A Levels).

Comment

Originally posted by gturner200561 View Post
                            Here's another one - Obsession by Animotion (1985).
                            This one popped into my head about 3.30am !
                            Ah thanks for posting that one Gturner! I'd totally forgotten all about it. I used to drive my mother mad singing it.

Comment

I have to say Owen Paul's 'My Favourite Waste Of Time' has to be one of those songs that stick in your head classics.
                              Do any of you remember a song called 'Platinum Blonde'? I can't find it on youtube and no one remembers is. The words go something like this...
                              (I forget the first verse but the first chorus goes like this)
                              'Mother and Father, I'm doing alright, I'm goin' away for a while so don't write. It's not for the money you know, it's a respectable show called
                              the platinum blonde. Can you read between the lines?
                              Can you read between the lines? Can you read between the liiiines'
                              It's about this girl who goes off to do some nudey stuff on stage somewhere but lets on to her parents she's doing some kind of play. Her parents arrive to watch her show without her knowing and are disgusted. Her father waits behind the stage door and shoots her only to arrive home to find a letter from her saying how she feels **** and wants to come home.
                              'Through the red lights and smoke on the stage, he watched his daughter perform, in shame and rage, he turned his head away. He could almost hear her say...Mother and Father you've got it all wrong, I like it right here this is where I belong. It might not be Shakespeare but I'm happier here as the Platinum Blonde'....Can you read between the lines.....etc.
                              Then when he goes home he finds the letter saying -
                              'Mother and Father I'm coming back home, I've missed you so much and I've been so alone. I always knew you were right, this is my very last night as The Platinum Blonde'. This song depressed me as did 'Hello this is Joany'.

Comment

Anneka - "Japanese Boy"

Comment

Working...
                                X