Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: heavy metal

Yay! revive the old Metal thread.
    must admit, since i got shot of the 2 iPod Touches, I'd not been listening to what was contained within, so branched back even further to the only two bands currently on my iPhone.

Motorhead & Girlschool.

Albums in question being GS's Demolition and Hit & Run, best ,possibly only good albums they made.
    and Motorhead's mighty Overkill, Bomber, Ace of Spades

after all the arty rubbish I listen too, Its good to hear proper ROCK
    Last edited by HG; 16-01-2010, 21:14. Reason: please watch your language this is a family forum

Comment

I have always thought 'Ace Of Spades' is the ultimate heavy metal song and probably always will be.
      sigpic
      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I have lots of metal vinyl from the very late 70s/early 80s.Rose Tattoo,MSG,Dokken,Dio,Scorpions and the like.It was a salvation from the current sounds which was mostly pop and not very good pop at that.I still give my Axe Attack LP a spin now and again and have a three hour MD in the old Cortina for when Im driving the coast.Sweet!
        Heaven and Hell,Dio and One of the Boys,Rose Tattoo could be heard over Padstow town last sunday morning,the church bells can get a bit boring after 20 mins.
        Frame.
        "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
          Yay! revive the old Metal thread.
          Splendid idea.
          Frame.

Comment

think i was about 15 when ace of spades and i surrender were released, i was instantly transformed into a rocker and have never looked back, did anyone else have like a green army jacket with patches all over the back of it too?

Comment

I wore an old fighter pilot jacket,brown leather with a big furry collar because I prefered the 50's look.
              Frame.

Comment

there are similar jackets out nowadays which i have one though no where near as cool as the original big thick leather one with fur collar, more of a leather look without the collar beat up looking, still pretty cool but no comparison to the one ur on about, a couple of my mates had them, i remember they brought flying boots out as well though if u had a pair of them please dont admit it lol

Comment

ACDC still out there blowing todays "acts" off the stage

Comment

Still have my jacket,unfortunatly I wore it to protect me when welding up old Cat bulldozers so it has quite a few battle scars,better this that me though.
                    Frame.

Comment

Supported the Pink Fairies in Belfast on our 3rd gig.

Comment

What about:-
                        Bal-sagoth
                        EXHUMED
                        NILE
                        WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

guy I know plays in a Budgie tribute band around the Notts area, In for the Kill, who are excellent by the way, check you tube for them. Anyway, they were setting up for a gig in a pub and this guy approaches him comments that his guitar look great. They get chatting about guitars, the guy with his American twang says that his band are playing a gig in Rock City later, and did he fancy a quick jam. Guy I know does not really like jamming so he says no, bu the guy has a quick go on the guitars anyway and says thanks before leaving.

His mate comes over a says do you not know who that was, no he says, It was George Lynch, from Dokken, who just happens to be one of this guys all time heroes, he simply did not recognise him. Open ground to be swallowed up

Comment

saw dokken live in the late 70,s supporting the scorpions, they were ok but a bit like early bon jovi.. it also depends on what you class as heavy metal ? i have seen hundreds of bands in the last 36years {i am 50} from the sweet in 1974 upto ac/dc last year and most of the concerts were ac/dc..slade..motorhead..judas priest..whitesnake..metallica..thin lizzy..deep purple..pink floyd..led zeppelin..iron maiden..rose tattoo..airbourne..motley crue..kiss...nirvana..foo fighters..chilli peppers..rammstein...van halen..sex pistols..rainbow..nazareth..alex harvey band..t.rex..mott the hoople..bad company... the list goes on and on and the only two i regard as heavy metal are motorhead & metallica the rest i class as hard rock..........

if it,s too loud then you are too old

Comment

Originally posted by dwain-dibley View Post
                              saw dokken live in the late 70,s supporting the scorpions, they were ok but a bit like early bon jovi.. it also depends on what you class as heavy metal ? i have seen hundreds of bands in the last 36years {i am 50} from the sweet in 1974 upto ac/dc last year and most of the concerts were ac/dc..slade..motorhead..judas priest..whitesnake..metallica..thin lizzy..deep purple..pink floyd..led zeppelin..iron maiden..rose tattoo..airbourne..motley crue..kiss...nirvana..foo fighters..chilli peppers..rammstein...van halen..sex pistols..rainbow..nazareth..alex harvey band..t.rex..mott the hoople..bad company... the list goes on and on and the only two i regard as heavy metal are motorhead & metallica the rest i class as hard rock..........

if it,s too loud then you are too old
                              What about:-
                              NILE
                              EXHUMED
                              BAL-SAGOTH (WWW.BAL-SAGOTH.COM)
                              WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

lol yeah, I remember Dokken. Got vaguely into them after watching Nightmare on Elm Street 3, because they did the "theme song", 'Dream Warriors.'

Pink Fairies though draws a blank from me...

Comment

Working...
                                X