Big Johns Rock n Roll Circus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Johns Rock n Roll Circus

Anyone remember Big Johns Rock n Roll Circus they made a few albums I've never come across their music on the radio or anywhere.
    The albums always came out at the drunken parties some great tunes, Put the light on me was one I remember well.
    John Goodison wrote songs for Mud and the Bay City Rollers not that I'm into the Rollers lol.

Re: Big Johns Rock n Roll Circus

This might jog your memory

YouTube - Big John's Rock'n'roll Circus "Lady" (PUT THE LIGHT ON ME)- 1974

Comment

Well,I've been looking for ANYTHING on this band for ages. All I've come up with so far is the "Lady" clip on YouTube. However, I know they recorded songs like "When Will You Be Mine" and "Rock & Roll Honeymoon", both of which were later re-recorded by the Rollers. They were written by John Goodison (AKA Big John) and Phil Wainman (another member of the band and the Rollers' producer in 1975). "Lady" has also been covered by the Dead End Kids (the B-side to their sole U.K. hit single, "Have I the Right") and Bachelor of Hearts (featuring ex-Roller Ian Mitchell). I think a CD release for Big John's R&R Circus is more than timely...

Comment

John Goodison died in 1999ish Great artist. I used to have the "Circus" music on vinyl, but sadly no more, and I cannot replace it. You tube now has "Rocking in the USA posted about 4 weeks ago. That was great to dance to at drunken parties

Comment

found this link as it was the first vinyl album i purchased. naughty knapster used to have a few tracks. i bought it because there was a tv show of the album a bit like in the vein of jethro tull's "too old to rock n roll, too young to die" both would be good to find on vid.

Comment

Just joined the forum, I was searching the album numbers for the first two albums Act 1 and Act 2 as I am in the process of converting them to MP3 format and have been having trouble getting used to Audacity!

I was fortunate enough to work with the Band at Baileys Night Club in Watford where I worked and the band did some rehersing before their South African tour.

Once I have converted the tracks I will be happy to share them for disc and postage costs

Comment

Hey this is a blast from the past!!

Yeah I worked with the band back in the mid/late 70's at the Townsman in Swansea. Very professional act. Yeah I remember John very well and his young lady!! She always wanted us to play Love Letters in the Sand for her - which we did. Then we met up again at the Park Hall near Chorley in about 1980.
              Great reunion backstage afterwards!!!

Shame for John but he has left some amazing memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr P View Post
                Just joined the forum, I was searching the album numbers for the first two albums Act 1 and Act 2 as I am in the process of converting them to MP3 format and have been having trouble getting used to Audacity!

I was fortunate enough to work with the Band at Baileys Night Club in Watford where I worked and the band did some rehersing before their South African tour.

Once I have converted the tracks I will be happy to share them for disc and postage costs

When I was a kid we had a record by big johns rock n roll circus that we used to do housework to! I think it was because my aunt worked for baileys in 70's maybe in Leicester & my parents/ grandparents met them. I always thought the lp was just cover versions?

Comment

Brilliant band

Comment

Working...
                  X