Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iron Maiden

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
    It seems strange to talk about a band in here, in the present tense. I am currently watching a documentary on CNN INternational about Iron Maiden. Incredible band. I am a metal fan ever since Ozzy came into my life all those years ago but have never really taken all that much notice of Iron Maiden, till now.

They have their own plane, a Boeing, which carries the band, management, equipment, press, everything! The pilot is the lead singer. They all come over as both intelligent and humourous, full of fun, even after all these years (33) (2000 gigs) on the road. Excellent film, superbly done. AND NOT ONE WORD NEEDED BLEEPING!!

CNN Virgin 607
    They also know their Egyptology.
    One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

Am I too late to mention that Bruce Dickenson was one of the pilots that ferried strayed passengers in an emergency situation, and didn't the band win the live act award at the Brits?
      Fashion is cyclical, and the unfashionable Iron Maidon have found a whole new generation of festival-going fans who are bored with what is to offer and love a great live show!

Comment

Seen them at donington years ago,they have released some classic rock tunes in their time,god bless em!
        "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Originally posted by suzannewozere2 View Post
          They also know their Egyptology.
          yes, something I forgot to mention, another favourite subject of mine.

Comment

I remember when iron maiden hit the big time,and everyone listened to them where i lived.There was one kid i knew,who upon hearing iron maiden,would immediately stick his fingers in his ears and hold his breath until he was literally purple.He was heavily into '' Grown Up '' Heavy Metal like Motorhead,not children's heavy metal.He would also pick up an empty can of lager from the street,and walk around with it sticking out of his denim jacket,to give the impression he had been to the pub or off license,bought it himself,and drunk it all hmself.
            Great fun times being teens!

Comment

maiden were a great band in the 80 s and early 90 s. most of the songs people mention are from those years. cant think f a decent album since 1992 Fear of the Dark. To be honest cant think of any Maiden songs at all since that album.

Their early stuff and up to fear of the dark is excellent and Dickinson has a very powerful vocal

Comment

i like some of their songs.

Comment

Working...
                X