X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George 1978
    replied
    Re: Watching musicals at the theatre

We talked on the Odeon Cinema thread about the nuisance of people using mobile phones whilst at the pictures - well, I can definitely understand why mobile phones are not popular in the theatre, and it's not just the fact that people don't switch them off during a performance. (I am sure that I read the same debate inside an issue of The Stage a couple of years ago as well).

Apparently, they're also a Health and Safety Hazard as they can overheat and burst into flames as Jason Manford observed for himself in Manchester. Talk about a hotline...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-48410618

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

That's the ticket booked for August - hope to get it in the post soon.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

I have just received the Stoke Regent Theatre version of the Fame the Musical programme in the post - it is fascinating seeing the differences there is when it comes to adverts and theatre details compared to the Sunderland Empire one.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Just received the Sunderland Empire version of the Fame the Musical programme - it will be very interesting to see how different (or same) the copy is compared to other theatres around the country.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Most bands will play the "greatest hits"...Metallica for example are unlikely to drop songs like One, Nothing else matters, Enter sandman and Master of puppets plus there will always be the hardcore fan favourites. If a band are promoting a new album this will usually be heavily featured.
    That’s true but many of my faves aren’t the normal ‘singles’ or ‘hits’ so it’s important ( to me ) that my some or even most of ‘my’ fave tracks are gonna be played ( or likely to be ) .

I also can’t abide it when they decide to play a new version of one of their own classic songs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    Different personalities

I rarely go to concerts.... Incubus and Metallica in the last 5 years or more ..

I like to know what songs they are gonna play as bands seem to have a set play list with 3 or 4 (sometimes more) tracks that change around each gig .
    I ‘like’ all their songs but I do have favourites tracks so when I know they’re gonna play loads of favourites I can relax a little .. ..

Most bands will play the "greatest hits"...Metallica for example are unlikely to drop songs like One, Nothing else matters, Enter sandman and Master of puppets plus there will always be the hardcore fan favourites. If a band are promoting a new album this will usually be heavily featured.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Maybe try this site or a similar idea ?

I check out the recent set lists of a band / singer before we go to a concert
    https://www.setlist.fm/
    They don't really do theatres as far as I know, but I do know of some websites that list them. What I would like is to see what all the theatres around the country are showing on a certain date, and although a few websites give details of What's On listings, they don't put them all on the same page at once.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    prefer not to know in advance personally.
    Different personalities

I rarely go to concerts.... Incubus and Metallica in the last 5 years or more ..

I like to know what songs they are gonna play as bands seem to have a set play list with 3 or 4 (sometimes more) tracks that change around each gig .
    I ‘like’ all their songs but I do have favourites tracks so when I know they’re gonna play loads of favourites I can relax a little .. ..

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

prefer not to know in advance personally.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    I have just sent a cheque to the Sunderland Empire for a copy of the programme of Fame the Musical (the cast have been up there this week) - I suppose it will give me a preview of what I will probably see when it gets to Bournemouth.

When (or if) I get to see them on stage with my own eyes in Bournemouth in August, I will get a copy of their programme at the Pavilion and compare the two - I assume that although the details in the centre about the performance are the same, the only main differences are the local advertising and the local theatre logos and What's On details. It would be great to compare them both!

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

I have just sent a cheque to the Sunderland Empire for a copy of the programme of Fame the Musical (the cast have been up there this week) - I suppose it will give me a preview of what I will probably see when it gets to Bournemouth.

When (or if) I get to see them on stage with my own eyes in Bournemouth in August, I will get a copy of their programme at the Pavilion and compare the two - I assume that although the details in the centre about the performance are the same, the only main differences are the local advertising and the local theatre logos and What's On details. It would be great to compare them both!

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

These last few days we’ve watched the mini stage musicals of Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid at Disney , Florida ... Do they count ?

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
    Going to see the Tina Tuner story, Tina, on Good Friday!

Should be good....ENJOY!

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

Going to see the Tina Tuner story, Tina, on Good Friday!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

I have just written to the Bournemouth Pavilion with regards to see Fame the Musical on Friday 30th August 2019 - I am certain that the tickets could be making their way in the post in the next week.

Then there is the hotel and travelling situation to sort out - I have still got over four months before it happens.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X