Embarrassing Gigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Embarrassing Gigs

I saw the Wurzels at a steam engine rally in Southampton when i was younger. At the time i was awestruck as they'd been on TV alot after their chart success. Thinking about it now i was probably quite a good advert for Euthenasia.

Comment

I think I can top this!

(Although, Soapy reminded me that I've seen the Wurzels a couple of times too!)

Well... here goes.....

In my defence I was young..

It was my friend's birthday, and he had tickets..

And, presumably, nobody else wanted to go...

Back in '83/'84...

I saw Musical Youth in Exeter!

There - I've said it!

The little one came on stage on a BMX

Comment

I used to like Musical Youth. *sings 'pass the dutchie on the left hand side......' '........incommunicado, might as well be living on Mars'*
        "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

I wonder whatever happened to "Musical Youth"?
          sigpic

Comment

Just looked it up, unfortunately one of them died of heart problems in 1993, subsequently another had a nervous breakdown. Another couldn't cope after his "15 minutes of fame" and now has psychological problems, and one tried a solo career. Not sure about the rest of them.

Comment

Just "googled them" apparently they were due to make a come-back in the 90's but couldn't quite do it! Accordingly to the website - some of them have psychological problems - I wonder why??
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by karenbrown18 View Post
                I wonder whatever happened to "Musical Youth"?

I seem to remember a sterotypical decline into drug use and crime for a couple of them after there short lived fame but i'm certainly no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by stevef View Post
                  Just looked it up, unfortunately one of them died of heart problems in 1993, subsequently another had a nervous breakdown. Another couldn't cope after his "15 minutes of fame" and now has psychological problems, and one tried a solo career. Not sure about the rest of them.
                  There were five of them in total Steve and the solo artist ( Dennis Seaton) has teamed up with the fifth member (Michael Grant) reformed Musical Youth and are still attempting to keep afloat !

Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                  <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Couldn't remember how many of them there were, for some reason I was thinking there were 7 members. Must have been thinking of a different group.
                    Last edited by stevef; 22-02-2008, 02:58.

Comment

Just found this ad..I was there..1976

Comment

Originally posted by SG1973 View Post
                        I've a really big confession for this thread - back in 1988 I had to take my sister to a....

BROS CONCERT

None of her mates wanted to go (not surprisingly) and my mum wouldn't let her go on her own so I had to take her. As if that's not bad enough the support act was PAT & MICK.

Oh, the shame. :cry:
                        LOL i understand your shame cos Bros was my most concert i have ever been to

Comment

Took a girl to see Bon Jovi at Wembley in 1987. Nearly threw up on the overdose of Rock cliches. At one point the poodled permed ponce flew across the audience on a wire to a platform in the centre of the arena where he did a couple of solo acoustic tracks before swaggering back down the aisle to the stage. He passed to within a gnat's of me and to this day I regret not sticking a foot out and tripping the ****. Still, might not have had quite such an enjoyable time after the gig if I had.

Comment

My Wife's going to see Lionel Richie in a couple of weeks for the umpteenth time so i can't compete with that. My embarrassing one is Olivia Newton John in 1978 when I was 10. My Dad fancied her and used taking me as an excuse to go. Also seen The Nolans.

I'd quite happily have gone to see S Club 7 in concert If only to see the lovely Rachel in the flesh. (Yes I am that shallow)
                            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Elkie Brooks! ...I dunno?? Me and my cousin were about fourteen/ 1978 and we just went cos she came to the Caird Hall in Dundee. We only knew her cos at that time she had 'Sunshine After The Rain' in the charts around then. We just went for a laff really, but, ..being fourteen, ..we thought she was a bit of a babe with her husky voice and all. I know! ...Sad, eh?
                              sigpicAndyGranda

Comment

Doctors of Madness. Great gig, but I was only 16, not used to alcohol and ended up backstage, merry as a newt. I vaguely remember asking Urban Blitz (such a sweetie ) if that was his real name , I sincerely hope it was just a drunken dream that I asked him if his hair was naturally that colour (blue) , and I definately remember the screams of anguish (Kid Strange's) after tripping over his pride and joy - his Kid-shaped guitar .

Comment

Working...
                                X