Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Embarrassing Gigs

Originally posted by branny View Post
    ... My embarrassing one is Olivia Newton John in 1978 when I was 10. My Dad fancied her and used taking me as an excuse to go. ..
    now wrong with the Neutron Bomb herself branny
    Stunningly gorgeous with the most beautiful voice to match.
    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
      OK. ...I confess, I liked ONJ too, I used to play my big sisters LP 'Totally Hot' by Olivia when my sister went out. tThis was before she did the Grease film... (Olivia, ...I mean)
      sigpicAndyGranda

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
        I was only 10 so oblivious to the delights of beautiful women and music. I was more interested in Star wars at the time.
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGranda View Post
          OK. ...I confess, I liked ONJ too, I used to play my big sisters LP 'Totally Hot' by Olivia when my sister went out. tThis was before she did the Grease film... (Olivia, ...I mean)
          That's she album she was promoting on the tour. Unfortunately i didn't like ONJ. See previous post.
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

"Buck's Fizz" Glasgow Appollo 1985 ! I actually did want to go as my sister had their album "Get Ready" which had some genuinely good tracks on it....or so I thought at the time...oh and my best mate was bringing one of his chums along from school who I fancied but turned out to be an utter bore. Anyway the audience was just full of wee girls and their parents and they just sat in their seats and applauded politely as if they were at the cinema....obviously had no sense of pop-concert etiket! The group themselves weren't too bad....shame it all ended in tears....and David Van Day....yuk!

Comment

My most embarrassing was also Bucks Fizz, but it was the original line up. I used to love them, I am ashamed to admit, but hey if I can't say it on here then where can i? lol

Comment

Originally posted by helmet View Post
                yep i went to see bad manners at the apollo.place was full of skinheads and nutters
                i went to see bad manners a few years ago and they were brilliant. nowt to be ashamed of!
                ...chilli...

Comment

I had free tickets to see Barry Manilow at the NEC.

The most entertaining 2 hours I've ever spent at a concert.
                  Simply professional!
                  I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

I went to see Bananarama in 1989 at Whitley Bay Ice Rink. They were really really bad in my opinion. Not bad in a good way, just really bad!!! They couldn't sing live at all imho.
                    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

It would have to be It Bites at the Hammersmith Odeon. I can't remember the year but it was the 'Eat me in St Louis' tour.

Not embaressing in itself as I suppose there isnt really anything intrinsicly wrong with It Bites... but about a year later I went through a hardcore punk phase (as you do) and having an 80s Prog-Pop outfit as part of your live gigs roster was a terrible secret I constantly lived in terror of anyone discovering.

Comment

afterthought... calling all the heroes is still a top tune, mind!

Comment

The London Boys, in Birmingham (I think), back in 1988/9.

They were passable as a pop band, but at the time, I was getting into rock and metal. Quite why I decided to watch these two efette men prance about escapes me.

I also saw Def Leppard in 1991, for which I would like to publically apologise.
                          The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
                          Marcel Proust

Comment

Steely Dan at Hammersmith Apollo Sept 2000,When Donald Fagan lead singer songwriter,Keyboard player said to the audience.When we did a show recently someone shouted from the crowd,how about singing Hotel California Donald replied,you,ve got the wrong band

Comment

I went to see Bananarama in 1989 at Whitley Bay Ice Rink. They were really really bad in my opinion. Not bad in a good way, just really bad!!! They couldn't sing live at all imho.
                              Interesting to see nowt has changed in 20 years then, because I went to a Back to The 80s gig at Blickling Hall summer 2009.....and luckily the bands I had gone to see (Go West & ABC) were on before Bananarama because they were so bad live that we left while they were still on stage....and that was before the last act of the evening!
                              You break my heart, you bruise my soul, you tear my world apart, and you make me whole

Comment

took a girlfriend to see the bay city rollers in concert in 1976 and they were all miming except les mckewan totally mince

Comment

Working...
                                X