Trying to identify this 90s song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to identify this 90s song

I've been searching in vain for years for a song that was out in the early or mid 90s (I think about 1994, definitely no later than '95) that I really liked, but no-one seems to know it.

It sounds like an Alternative/Indie-rock tune, with a male vocal, and has quite an anthemic sound to it. The chorus goes something like "I wanna be alive, ?the stars are bright?, from here". I'm not sure about the 'the stars are bright' bit hence the question marks but I'm pretty sure about the 'I wanna be alive... from here'. I may be wrong about even those lyrics as I've Googled them loads of times and it's returned no results, but I am 99% sure those were the lyrics.

Anyone know this song? I used to hear it every now and then on the radio between about 1994-96 but haven't heard it for about 15 years now. I've tried singing it to mates and only ever found one person who recognized it, but they couldn't remember who it was or what the song name was. If you think you might know it but don't recognize the lyrics I'm even happy for you to PM me your number and I'll sing it to you down the phone, I'm that desperate to find it! I really liked this song so am determined to get hold of it, if anyone could help me out here I'll love you!!!

Re: Trying to identify this 90s song

Hey fella, I gave those lyrics a try on Google myself and came across a tune called 'Right Here, Right Now' by a guy/group(?) called 'Jesus Jones'.
    I don't know if this is the tune you're after but the vocal is male and it does have a kinda anthem-like sound to it. The only thing letting this guess down is that it was apparently released in 1991.
    Here's the link anyway mate, hope it's what you're after, apologies if not! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rlQqWbp7rY

Comment

It's not the Jesus Jones song I'm afraid... I remember that song when it was out and it's a great song, but it's not the one I'm looking for, doesn't even sound like it I'm afraid. That's the one I always get when I Google the lyrics too Thanks anyway though.

The song I'm looking for could have been out any time before 1995 if I'm honest, I just remember hearing it on the radio semi-often around that time and it has an early 90s sound to it.

Comment

I think I know the song you mean, I recall someone else asking me about it and I found it on a compilation album. I'll need to go through my CD collection to find it. I've posted this so I'll remember to look!

I think it was more of a ballad though......

Comment

Long shot, but could be this:

http://www.metrolyrics.com/to-be-ali...f-leppard.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQxSro4Z5hw
          Last edited by stoysville; 16-08-2011, 21:07.

Comment

stoysville- It's not the Def Leppard song I'm afraid, thanks for the suggestion though!

Originally posted by Malc London View Post
            I think I know the song you mean, I recall someone else asking me about it and I found it on a compilation album. I'll need to go through my CD collection to find it. I've posted this so I'll remember to look!

I think it was more of a ballad though......
            Excellent! I hope you can find it, I'll love you forever if you can!

Comment

You're both men though,aren't you? Careful, you might frighten him off
              Sorry,i am a twit.

Comment

Was it "I wanna stay alive with you" by Ocean colour scene.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MiDJ-M_Jmw

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
                  Was it "I wanna stay alive with you" by Ocean colour scene.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MiDJ-M_Jmw
                  I's not the Ocean Colour Scene song I'm afraid, a mate suggested that but I've checked it out and it's not the one.

Keep 'em coming though.

Comment

Hi

I've been lurking / dropping into this thread for some time and would like to help.

Can you post a youtube of you humming or singing the lyrics? (no face required!)

Anyways..

Was it.. Oasis / Acquiesce
                    or... Suede / Stay Forever

I can't help but find myself singing your lyrics to different tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuts&Sauce View Post
                      Hi

I've been lurking / dropping into this thread for some time and would like to help.

Can you post a youtube of you humming or singing the lyrics? (no face required!)
                      I'll try and do that this week when I get the time- just need to get my microphone hooked up.

Anyways..

Was it.. Oasis / Acquiesce
                      or... Suede / Stay Forever

I can't help but find myself singing your lyrics to different tunes.
                      It's definitely not the Oasis one as I know Acquiesce pretty well, it's one of my favorite songs by them. For the Suede one do you mean Stay Together? If so it's definitely not that, I'm pretty sure it can't have been Suede as Brett Anderson's voice is extremely distinctive so I'd have recognised it.

Thanks for doing your bit to help though- we will solve this mystery sooner or later!

Comment

Not this is it?

Comment

Definitely not Pearl Jam I'm afraid. I love that song but it's a lot heavier than the song I'm thinking of.

I think the only way I'm ever going to identify this tune is by recording myself singing it and putting it online- so I'm going to set about doing that asap.

Comment

Originally posted by BlitzKid View Post
                            Definitely not Pearl Jam I'm afraid. I love that song but it's a lot heavier than the song I'm thinking of.

I think the only way I'm ever going to identify this tune is by recording myself singing it and putting it online- so I'm going to set about doing that asap.
                            Lol!!!!!! please do

Comment

this is a total long shot as you say you remember it being a male vocal but theres a cher song apparently called " alive again" that has lyrics close to that (not a fan at all of cher so dont know the song but google keeps throwing that up when seeking your lyrics)

Comment

Working...
                              X