1st Album & Single you ever bought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st Album & Single you ever bought

First album I ever OWNED was "Disco Fever" - a compilation which included Silver Lady by David Soul, Angelo by Brotherhood of Man, Float On by The Drifters, Yes Sir I Can Boogie by Baccarat and Telephone Man by Meri Wilson. It was a Christmas present - which I desparately wanted! - aged 11.

First album I ever bought with my own money was Abba - The Album

First singles - bought together -
    My Ding-a- Ling by Chuck Berry and Long Haired Lover From Liverpool by Little Jimmy Osmond

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
      War Of The Worlds is a superb album.
      I never tire of listening to it.
      You should go and see the live show if you can - it is SUPERB!!! Includes a fighting machine on stage, original artwork in the background, and a suspended "head" of Richard Burton with computer animated features doing the narration. Ullah!!!!!!!!! (I saw it in Brighton 3 years ago, Russell Watson was Parson Nathaniel and Justin Hayward sang his original parts. Geoff Wayne himself conducted!

Comment

Originally posted by mazzer View Post
        You should go and see the live show if you can - it is SUPERB!!! Includes a fighting machine on stage, original artwork in the background, and a suspended "head" of Richard Burton with computer animated features doing the narration. Ullah!!!!!!!!! (I saw it in Brighton 3 years ago, Russell Watson was Parson Nathaniel and Justin Hayward sang his original parts. Geoff Wayne himself conducted!
        I saw it on SKY ARTS HD last Xmas and it was fantastic!
        I would love to see it live.
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Ist Single: Slade - Skweeze Me Pleeze Me (1973)
          1St Album: Slade - Sladest (1973)

Noddy Rulez!!!!

Comment

1st Single - Can't remember but probably Duran Duran. I mostly bought their 12"ers though.

1st Album - Kings Of the Wild Frontier - Adam & The Ants on tape cassette (in either 1981 or 1982) (snap with the original poster)

1st 12" mix - Rio - Duran Duran (Can't remember when - probably 1982 or 1983).

Comment

First single - Cool for cats -Squeeze
              First album -One step beyond - Madness on tape

Comment

First single - Bright eyes - Art Garfunkul (sorry)
                First album - as above One step beyond - Madness on vinyl (and I got to see them this christmas and it was brilliant!!)
                sigpic

Comment

Kids in america (kim wilde) and i think album was off the wall (jacko)

Comment

I think the first single I actually paid for myself was 'School Love' by Barry Blue
                    Can't remember the first album.

Comment

• Re: 1st Album & Single you ever bought

Actually i'm choosing to say madness one step beyond but I suppose really I should have written remember your a womble
                      sigpic

Comment

My first single I bought myself was Dance Yourself Dizzy by Liquid Gold (1980?)
                        First Album was A Nolans one (can't remember the name of it, but on the cover they were wearing gold boob tubes and shiny trousers!)
                        ...chilli...

Comment

I've posted in this thread twice!! I'd forgot i'd already posted nearly 2 years ago. I'd put my first single as Crazy Little Thing Called love on the other post, my memories must be a little hazy!
                          ...chilli...

Comment

first single was Albatross by Fleetwood Mac(1969)
                            first album was David Bowie(1969) later retitled Space Oddity for some obsure reason.Personaly i think it should have been called Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed,a state i have been in for the last 40 plus years

Comment

45 - Solid Gold Easy Action - T Rex.
                              LP - Glitter - Gary Glitter.
                              (Both '72)
                              sigpic
                              Don't worry Cheryl....
                              I'll catch you if you slip!

Comment

My fist single - Blondie -Sunday girl - boy did i have a crush on Ms Harry !!!! , first album was again Blondie,i remember playing that record on my player over and over,until i had enough pocket money to buy another,i was drifting away from my Action man and Airfix models and getting into "pop music ".......haha

Comment

Working...
                                X