Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Madness

Well i first got into madness well my dad is a madness-fanatic he got every vinyl loads of there records since they started , a couple of months ago i found a magazine and two records of madness up in the loft still in good nick , so i grew up with madness from 1997 when i was born i love madness got a couple of dvds loads of records cds and 1 t-shirt, for my dads birthday i got him tickets to see them live in newmarket me and my dad went it was fantastic night , i cant belive i met chrissy boy (chris foreman) and Kix (Lee Thompson) didnt have time to meet suggs because he was having a shower. i want to go again nextyear they were the fantastic as ever.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

I've loved Madness since I first saw them on TOTP in 1979 performing The Prince. First time I saw them live was in December 1980 at the Manchester Apollo. They did matinee shows because they were so popular with children and the ticket cost £1. I used to buy every new release, many without hearing first. I still have all the singles and some on picture disc and 12". I have lost track of how many times i've seen them over the years but try and catch them every time they tour. My favourite track is Wings of a dove (Blue train mix) and Norton Folgate is my favourite album.
      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

its great they are still together and still tour after all this time.

so how many singles do you have of their songs branny.

when was the last time you saw them live.
        never thought they where popular with kids.

and i wonder are they still as good now as they where back in their heyday.

Originally posted by branny View Post
        I've loved Madness since I first saw them on TOTP in 1979 performing The Prince. First time I saw them live was in December 1980 at the Manchester Apollo. They did matinee shows because they were so popular with children and the ticket cost £1. I used to buy every new release, many without hearing first. I still have all the singles and some on picture disc and 12". I have lost track of how many times i've seen them over the years but try and catch them every time they tour. My favourite track is Wings of a dove (Blue train mix) and Norton Folgate is my favourite album.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          its great they are still together and still tour after all this time.

so how many singles do you have of their songs branny.

when was the last time you saw them live.
          never thought they where popular with kids.

and i wonder are they still as good now as they where back in their heyday.
          I've got every 7" from The Prince through to The Sweetest girl. Picture discs of most singles from House of fun through to Yesterdays men. Jukebox singles of Night boat to cairo and Our house (Stretch mix). A promo of Return of the los palmas 7. 12" singles of Cardiac arrest, Driving in my car,Our house, Wings of a dove, The sun and the rain, One better day, Uncle Sam and Waiting for the ghost train. LPs of One step beyond through to Keep moving on vinyl. All studio albums on CD as well as a couple of live recordings.

The last time I saw them live was on the Norton Folgate tour in 2009 I think at the MEN arena.

Comment

here u go branny.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwIe_sjKeAY

are all the original band members still in the group mate.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Cheers Darren. I never tire of watching the vids.

Of the most well known line up, six of the seven are still performing. Mark Bedford (bass player) left in 2009 and was replaced by Graham Bush. He did appear at the Queens jubilee concert though.

Comment

Madness are brilliant. Classic band in my opinion.

Comment

All you Madness fans should look out for 'Take It Or Leave It'.
                  It's definitely one of my all time favourite music movies.
                  Highly recommended.

Comment

Working...
                  X