Fiat Lux song from the 80s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiat Lux song from the 80s

In my "misunderstood in eyeliner" years, I was bonkers for a song by a band called Fiat Lux (late 80s?) which I think was called "Secrets" -it was on an eponymous album my friend had. The lyric went along the lines of "you've been reading my diary - you have taken my heart away - now you know me inside out - now you know my secrets". There was also mention somewhere of being "brought to my knees by my own words".

Anyone recognise or remember this track? Would love to hear it again after all these years. Needless to say iTunes has never heard of it (though there is apparently now some new band called Fiat Lux around). Singer had a deep gloomy voice, bit like Sisters of Mercy. Please tell me someone out there remembers it. I'm sure it was probably shockingly bad, but I did love it so at the time.

Re: Fiat Lux song from the 80s

Yes. was a decent track too

Comment

Wow that was quick! Thank you so much for a wonderful trip down memory lane!

Spring in Fialta by Slow Children anyone?

Comment

Comment

Single details here
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Wow this is great , it's like I'm a teenager again. Been mooning around listening to Fiat Lux since I got in from work - the song is surprisingly good after all this time and the dude's voice isn't as deep as I remember it - I probably remembered it that way cos its a slow sad song - more melodic than I remembered too. God I miss 80s music. I found some real gems lurking in 99p bargain bins cos they were all I could afford on my pocket money at the time. A lot of dross too of course, but some stuff - like this - has a special place in my heart. Spring In Fialta is a great blast from the past for me too!

Comment

Working...
            X