Best & Worst Songs Of the '80s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best & Worst Songs Of the '80s

Best: Under Pressure,Queen&Bowie ; Love Action,The Human League ; Our Lips Are Sealed,Fun Boy Three ; Only You,Yazoo ; Shout,Tears For Fears ; Lifes What You Make It,Talk Talk ; Dont Give Up,Peter Gabriel&Kate Bush ; With or Without You,U2 ; Wishing Well,Terence Trent D'Arby ; Windpower,Thomas Dolby ;
    Living It Up(Sun Goes Down),Level 42 ; E=MC2,Big Audio Dynamite ; African and White,China Crisis ; Temptation,Heaven17 ; Love Comes Quickly,Pet Shop Boys ;
    Addicted to Love,Robert Palmer ; Ghosts,Japan ; Save A Prayer,Duran Duran ; Hold Me Now,Thompson Twins ; Kick in the Eye,Bauhaus.....could go on for quite a while!
    Worst: Save Your Love,Renee and Renato ; Seven Tears,Goombay Dance Band ; Birdie Song,The Tweets ; Jive Bunny

Comment

[QUOTE=Elleth Faewen;n19582]Best:
      Styx, Show Me the Way
      The B-52's, Love Shack
      Robert Palmer, Addicted to Love
      Mike and the Mechanics, The Living Years

Worst:
      Buggles, Video Killed the Radio Star
      M, Pop Musik
      Soft Cell, Tainted Love
      Wham!, Wake me up before you go-go

The Wham! song almost sounds like kajagoogoo.[/QUOTE

As regards M, Pop Musik, that song was released in 1979 so I'm not sure it was still in the charts during the 80's. Video Killed the Radio star might possibly have been 1979 as well but not sure.
      Incidentally, M are releasing a new single this month for the first time in 41 years, aptly named Break The Silence.
      "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Originally posted by 80s gail View Post
        best and worst of 80's

I will never forget as long as I live the travesty that was shaddup you face by Joe Dolce, it kept vienna by Ultravox off the no 1 spot. I will never forgive the record buying british public for that! I couldn't possibly post all my favs from the 80's too many and varied.
        I actually read in a book on pop music many years ago that most of the British (or American) record buying public are between the ages of 15 and 19. So, that would explain why they have different tastes than those who are much older than them.
        "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Working...
        X