Pilot of the Airwaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot of the Airwaves

This song, released by Charlie Dore in 1979, reached only 66 in the UK charts but was a big hit in the States, New Zealand and Australia. Overall, it was her biggest hit all round. Does anyone remember it?
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Re: Pilot of the Airwaves

Originally posted by philipdalton View Post
    This song, released by Charlie Dore in 1979, reached only 66 in the UK charts but was a big hit in the States, New Zealand and Australia. Overall, it was her biggest hit all round. Does anyone remember it?
    I forgot to mention it was also a big hit in Canada as well.
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

On BBC Radio Nottingham in the early 1990s, former weekday lunchtime presenter Jeff Owen used to play the "I've been listening to your show on the radio" part of the song at the start of his programmes, and used to blank out the word "friend" to make it sound as a swear word had been used.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

A song having a low chart position isn't necessarily an indication of the track's obscurity. This song just happened to be the sixty-sixth best selling single one week in Britain. There could have been singles or albums which reached a higher position at other times despite having sold less copies than it.

Comment

I like the song a lot. Mum had it on a single I remember. I wondered why Charlie Dore never had any other hit songs or if she did, I missed them.

Comment

Working...
          X