Who made the best music videos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

I saw a level 42 vid on vh1 classic yesterday and it had a clown in , It was "Leaving me now", the lead singer is takng off his clown makeup while singing this sad song.

My favorite recent vid is "staceys mom" by fountains of wayne because Racheal hunter is it and she is staceys hot!!!! mum, who all staceys boyfriends drool over.

Fave 80s90s vid has got to be Enjoy the silence by depeche mode as it really does go with the song , atmosphere wise and lyrically.

I also liked the beastie boys "fight for your right " video

Originally posted by childofthe80's
    I don't know if this was my fav, but since I was and still am a video junkie; I remember Level 42 "Something About you" video. One of the guys was dressed up as this really creepy clown...use to scare the bejeebers out of me every time I saw it.
    Last edited by CARROLLKRC; 22-07-2006, 18:09.

Comment

Boomtown Rats in their heyday, Mondays being the pick.
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

I think Duran Duran made the best video's Wild Boys was a classic and the Rio album too, worst videos not sur eabout that one, maybe Shaking Stevens Green Door....

Comment

Re: Who made the best music videos?

i used to love watching the ZZ Top videos, they almost told a story.

I'm an old rocker at heart my top 5 vids of all time are

5 Meatloaf - I'd do anything for love (i think the gothic look is fantastic)

4 Tenacious D - Wonderboy (love the dungeons and dragons, myth and magic, wizards and wizrdry theme)

3 Metallica - One - uncut full version (i think with the clips of the movies it is a very powerful video)

2 Tenacious D - Tribute (jack black is so funny)

1 Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Californication ( I love the computer graphics and Game)

another honourable mentions is

Dire Straits - Money for nothing (truly ground breaking in using computer graphics)

Comment

Michael Jackson!
            Thriller & Billie Jean

Those costumes and make up effects still beat those of today I think. Abolsolutely GROUNDBREAKING dancing. And Billie Jean. WOW light up floor!

Queen
            Very elaborate in the thoughts behind the videos. Take I Want To Break Free for example.

Comment

Although it's a pretty recent video, Johnny Cash 'Hurt' will go down as a classic. It is a brilliantly made video which pretty much tells his whole life story, and being that it was one of the last things he did before passing away makes it even more powerful. R.I.P. Man in Black.
              "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

I absolutely love the video for New Order - True Faith, in fact I think they invented the Teletubbies 10 years before we ever saw them on telly lol. Shame iTunes wont put it up but hey ho.

Comment

gotta admit wild boys is really good

Comment

You can't beat Michael Jacksons Thriller video.
                    "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

My personal choice for the best video at moment would be,it is sang with so much emotion and the video gives you a insight into his troubled live.

Johnny Cash:- Hurt
                      sigpic

Comment

I agree Michael Jackson's Thriller video was groundbreaking and since I was just a little younglin then, it scared the pants right off of me
                        What???Me Worry

Comment

Talking Heads were pretty on the money for me...
                          "My Dad's taller than your Dad."

Comment

Any of Rammstein's videos are usually very entertaining, they are all on itunes. If you want a really good laugh, have a look at them on youtube and then read the comments - the americans just don't get it!!

Comment

It's not the best video made but I really like the video for One More Time by Daft Punk. It's like an 80's cartoon in the style of Ulysses 31. Looks like it could even be from a real cartoon/film. If it is, can anyone let us know what it's from?
                              Last edited by SG1973; 24-07-2007, 15:21.

Comment

mines got to be girls on film (duran duran) the uncut version
                                THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Working...
                                X