Need help with a possibly 90s country song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a possibly 90s country song

I'm hoping y'all can help me find a song that has been on my mind that I can't think of.

OK now the song is kinda a Bonnie & Clyde type of song but its NOT Travis Tritt's Modern Day Bonnie and Clyde or Merle Haggard's The Legend of Bonnie and Clyde.

Both are great songs but not what I'm looking for. The song is about a Bonnie & Clyde time of couple.

In the song the man leaves the woman behind when the law is closing in. I think at one point in the song it talks about the woman seeing in a newspaper that the man got caught or killed.

The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia by Reba McEntire is a great song. Thank you for the reply sadly its not the song I have been thinking about. I believe its more of a new song. Seems like the music video is simular to Bottoms Up by Brantley Gilbert but older then Bottoms Up I believe.

I think in the song I'm thinking of the woman works in a dinner or something and falls in love with the man and they go on a crime spree. Then as the law is closing in the man tells the woman to go back home and tell everyone she was forced into it. Then later in the song I think the woman is in a supermarket or something and in the checkout line she reads the man had been caught or killed.

Comment

The Road goes on forever by The Highwayman sort of fits the description

Comment

Thank you scot mill you pointed me into the right direction it was "The Road Goes On Forever" but by Robert Earl Keen. Thank you very much for your help I'm so happy I found the song.

Comment

Thank you to everyone who helped me find this song I've been thinking about.

Comment

Working...
          X