Christmas songs that make you cringe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas songs that make you cringe

That medley thing by Barb Streisand - with the "JingleBellsJingleBellsJingleBells" bit makes me want to stomp the radio to bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
      I do have a soft spot for cheesy Christmas songs (one's by Macca, included) but my favourite by far has to be 'What Are We Gonna Get 'Er Indoors' by George Cole and Dennis Waterman. Pure class
      Can't argue with that - "A typewriter with ribbons that were worn by Lady Di!" - "A lovely piece of steak for when she whacks you in the eye!" - Good old Arthur & Terry!

I revived this thread because it's coming round again. I think from what I've read that it just goes to prove everyone has different tastes.

Although I wasn't that keen on 'Fairytale Of New York' when it first came out, I really like it now. Only at Christmas though.
      "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

My favourite is................ Merry Christmas War is over by John Lennons Plastic Ono Band.
        My worst is.................... Mistletoe and Wine by Cliff Richards.

Comment

had a feeling you would mention mistletoe and wine.
          cant get into it at all.
          one i love is all i want for christmas is you.
          here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ymlnxMZkXA
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Another of my favourites which I could just listen to all day is, Walking In The Air from the film The Snowman.

Comment

An interesting half hour is spent watching The making of band aid...the song sounded a tad different in Bobs head at first...

Comment

I actually hate the Slade one and it is the one you hear most often. Others I can't stand are Little Drummer Boy by David Bowie and Bing Crosby all that par-rupapumpum grinds my nerves, all Cliff's offerings and the one about mummy kissing Santa Claus, just because it's wrong to drag Santa into the murky world of getting off with people, especially your mother! Urgh. Same goes for that Santa Baby one, though I just hate that one full stop actually.

My fave is Merry Christmas Everyone by good old Shaky.
                Last edited by Trickyvee; 02-12-2010, 22:04.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

'Another Rock And Roll Christmas' by Gary Glitter was one of my faves, but now you just have to cringe if you hear it.
                  sigpic
                  'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
                  X