Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top ten million sellers of the 80s whats your fave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top ten million sellers of the 80s whats your fave?

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
    Much as I love it, should Tainted Love be allowed, as its a cover ?
    It was a million seller at that time so why shouldn't it be?
    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

No reason, just asking

Comment

Just had a look at the 90s list and it has confirmed what I already knew, 80s were the best for music.

There's some great re releases out at the moment. Recently bought A-ha Hunting high and low, Madness Rise and fall and Keep moving but best of all, Propaganda - A secret wish 25th anniversary edition. Cracking album.
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I had the list of the 90s music to put on as my next post but i would definitely agree the music was no were near as good as the 80s stuff.When you had songs like Unchained melody by Robson and Jerome,I will always love you by Whitney houston and Saturday Night by Whigfield i assume that other than wanting to express their amazement at how such drivel populated the charts hardly anyone would have been able to say i loved....... ............ it was a classic!

Comment

Blue Monday - New Order

Comment

Agreed ... and then maybe 'Dont' you want me' - Human League

Comment

Blue Monday, New Order. But Come on Eileen really reminds me of my childhood days listening to Radio 1 every sunday

Comment

I was in love with Jennifer Rush back then.........still a great song now

Comment

Out of this selection, it's got to be 'Two Tribes'. I think Frankie get derided these days, probably because of the t-shirts and the Paul Morley hype, but musically that single was flawless. Brilliant production by Trevor Horne, and Holly Johnson really knew how to put it across. The video was banned for being too violent, so each week they went on Top of the Pops with a new gimmick, such as dressing in Russian gear and military uniforms, having the audience wave US and USSR flags etc. One week there'd been something in the Sun slagging Frankie off, so IIRC correctly Holly went on and was theatrically reading a copy of the paper while the intro was playing, and ripped it up just as his vocal was about to start (copied from Geldof and the John Travolta poster, but still good).

I think if you add up all the different mixes of Two Tribes it adds up to about 30 minutes, but there's something different in each one and I never get bored of hearing.

In contrast, words cannot express how much I loathe 'Come On Eileen'!

Comment

'Blue Monday' by New Order, but The Human League runs it close. It wasn't until about '87 that I really started getting into music, although I was always aware of it through hearing it on the radio or watching 'Top Of The Pops', so I recall a lot of '70s and early '80s tunes as being of their time, if you see what I mean.
                      "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by stockportyears View Post

In contrast, words cannot express how much I loathe 'Come On Eileen'!
                        Come on Eileen was a top track...IF YOU IGNORED ALL THE PARTY PEOPLE STANDING AROUND IN A CIRCLE CLAPPING TILL THEIR HANDS FELL OFF! Musically It was Ace....but I do have an eclectic taste in music.

Oh I agree with Frankie Two Tribes!
                        Last edited by Grosh62; 23-10-2010, 11:24. Reason: remembering to actually make a choice

Comment

For me it has to be Band Aid. A good song in its own right if not exactly brilliant. But when it was made and released there was a sense of history in the making. And Live Aid was a truly unique experience
                          For a local history website with lots of photos and videos from the 1970s, 1980s and earlier goto

Comment

Working...
                          X