Escape from Colditz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escape from Colditz

Does anyone remember this one from Parker Bros? Me, my mate Brian and his brother played it for ages one winter. It was a cracking game - wooden pieces and all. I've searched car boot sales for it for years and have never found it yet.

I did find a complete Donkey Kong board game though - with all the barrels, but that's a different thread....
    Having a memory's one of the best - and worst - bits of being human!

Re: Escape from Colditz

I used to have it,but did'nt enjoy playing it,I must admit
    I see to recall another colditz tie-in that had a bar of clear soapy stuff in it(or my memories going) anyone know what that was?
    EDIT..I think I may be talking about the Action man Escape from Colditz kit
    Last edited by sixtyten; 11-05-2007, 19:21.

Comment

Myself and quite a few friends had this back in the day. To be honest, though I don't think we ever actually played it properly - it was fairly complicated and then there was always the added complication of finding someone to play the Germans (Stan Boardman voice at the ready!).

I've still got mine but a quick browse across the dock of the 'bay will probably score you one. They do seem to be creeping up in price for a good condition one, though. Not as much as a good nick Haunted House but starting to get there.

It always looked fantastic laid out with all the pieces and cards. The board itself was great!

Comment

I saw one online for £79.95!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ESCAPE-FROM-CO...QQcmdZViewItem

orhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Parker-Board-Game-Escape-from-Colditz-complete_W0QQitemZ300109584659QQihZ020QQcategoryZ1 17201QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
          Last edited by sixtyten; 11-05-2007, 21:37.

Comment

Cheers Daz. I just got bidding and now I wait.....
            Having a memory's one of the best - and worst - bits of being human!

Comment

Praise the lord, one of the few things I still have (Slave 1, a couple of Star Wars figures and a mini munch man).

Comment

I still have a copy as well, a bit battered though.

Comment

I remember playing Escape from Colditz at Junior school when we used to have to stay in and play board games if it was raining too much or something at break times. I didn't quite get on with it.

Comment

I've just been going through the loft - my landlord has a stack of games and stuff up there from years ago, it's like a time machine heh.

One of the games is Escape from Colditz but it's from "Gibson Games". I've made a quick video of the box and contents here. Is that the one you're talking about?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8dW03L3bI0E

Comment

Prince of Persia!
                      What other treasures are in that loft??

Comment

What I'm going to try to do today is get some good light up there and video whatever else is in the toy corner I think I saw Hangman, Frustration, Game of Life, Escalado, Nice Putt, Battleship, Monopoly, Go For Broke, Spirograph...

Going back to Colditz though: My landlord did tell me earlier that the one in the video/loft isn't the original. Shame. He also wanted the original but couldn't get hold of one, so ended up with the newer. He says a mate of his has it, but I doubt we'll ever get our hands on it.

Comment

There was one in our local charity shop about a month ago for under a fiver. I wish I'd bought it now...

Comment

1970's
                            Last edited by Heather74; 24-08-2008, 15:31.
                            Heather

Comment

Realise this is an old thread now, but just had to share...

I remember playing Escape from Colditz for hours at a time with my brothers. This would be mid-70s cos it was about the same time the TV series was on too.

Being a wee boy I just loved war - films, games, toys, you name it I loved it. To go outside with your mates and play "Sodjies" (excuse the Glasgow slang!) was commonplace.

A couple of years back, I mentioned this to my (then) partner and how much I'd really, really love to get a copy of the original game. I'd searched myself and found an updated version (from late-70's I believe) which just wasn't the same - inferior-looking cards, plastic pieces etc

Two weeks later, she presented me with an original, bought from eBay. Don't know for sure but I think she laid out £45 for it. But it was in excellent condition, only a little wear on one corner of the box and one or two of the cards. But oh how I loved going through it all again - the info leaflet, the wooden pieces, and of course all the Opportunity and Security cards...

Believe it or not, I now play this with my own two kids who are roughly the age I was when I first started it. It's great! And I don't mind being the Germans It certainly makes a pleasant change from playing the PS3!

Comment

Working...
                              X