Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardest computer games you played.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Hardest computer games you played.

    Nodes of Yesod on the speccy (my favourite game), i've been trying to complete this since 1985

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Hardest computer games you played.

      Spider Solitaire and sniperteam2 are hard which i have played .
      Mobile apps development company | ios apps development company

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Hardest computer games you played.

        Found it tough too.
        a few people ive heard say its hard.


        Originally posted by minimort View Post
        dragons lair on nintendo entertainment system. Couldn't get past the second screen!
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Hardest computer games you played.

          Tir na nog on the speccy looked great at the time but what was it all about??

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Hardest computer games you played.

            What was that adventure game for the C64 where there was a big house.You find the door key but lose it again and it ends up being in the letterbox? That was a difficult one but i managed to finish it thanks to some cheats

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Hardest computer games you played.

              Well, The hardest game which I played is WOW(World of Warcraft) which hard to master heroes and DOTA 2 where a character called Invoker and GeoMancer are hard to master.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Hardest computer games you played.

                Welcome to DYR spoorti 1509.....Not played a computer game for 20 years but i used to have a mega drive and i remember one game called pagemaster which i spent 10 hours a day on for weeks, eventually i finished it after weeks of trying.
                Gave up on gaming after realising it was not good for my blood pressure or my mental state
                Ejector seat?...your jokin!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Hardest computer games you played.

                  Jet Set Willy - 1984, ZX Spectrum.
                  Hungover man collects glasses in house designed by Salvador Dali. This game was sadism masquerading as fun. Each screen was full of enemies that would kill you, objects that would kill you and falls that would kill you. Platforming has to pizel perfect and timed to the milisecond. I played it in 1986, when I was 10, and after months with the damn game, I never came close to finishing it.

                  Seriously. This screen still gives me anxiety now just thinking about it:



                  Shadow of the Beast 1 & 2 - 1989 / 1990, Amiga
                  When I got my Amiga back in 1992, the 'Beast' games were some of the first ones I sought out. I mean, they looked sublime and the music was just like listening to a CD. However, the developers have been so obsessed with jerking their own graphical prowess that they forgot to put anything like a fair game inside. The difficulty was punishing, with leaden combat, situations where there was no way to avoid damage and situations where, if you missed something random, the game could no longer be completed. You had to play, learn, memorise, die, restart...repeat for weeks...months...on end.
                  I had to use a cheat in the end to see the completion of these games. Wholly not worth it. All that effort for one crappy 'well done' screen?

                  REMEMBER: cream first, jam second...


                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Hardest computer games you played.

                    Originally posted by Disco_Puppy View Post
                    Jet Set Willy - 1984, ZX Spectrum.
                    Hungover man collects glasses in house designed by Salvador Dali. This game was sadism masquerading as fun. Each screen was full of enemies that would kill you, objects that would kill you and falls that would kill you. Platforming has to pizel perfect and timed to the milisecond. I played it in 1986, when I was 10, and after months with the damn game, I never came close to finishing it.

                    Seriously. This screen still gives me anxiety now just thinking about it:



                    Shadow of the Beast 1 & 2 - 1989 / 1990, Amiga
                    When I got my Amiga back in 1992, the 'Beast' games were some of the first ones I sought out. I mean, they looked sublime and the music was just like listening to a CD. However, the developers have been so obsessed with jerking their own graphical prowess that they forgot to put anything like a fair game inside. The difficulty was punishing, with leaden combat, situations where there was no way to avoid damage and situations where, if you missed something random, the game could no longer be completed. You had to play, learn, memorise, die, restart...repeat for weeks...months...on end.
                    I had to use a cheat in the end to see the completion of these games. Wholly not worth it. All that effort for one crappy 'well done' screen?
                    I remember Shadow of the Beast games being called Shadow of the Bast because they were difficult.

                    I only played Manic Miner, not JSW, but that screen doesn't look so hard - which is probably why it's so irritating

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Hardest computer games you played.

                      Originally posted by catflap View Post
                      I remember Shadow of the Beast games being called Shadow of the Bast because they were difficult.

                      I only played Manic Miner, not JSW, but that screen doesn't look so hard - which is probably why it's so irritating
                      I used some different words when I was playing Beast 1 and 2. Most of them were gynaecological in nature.

                      Also, the deceptiive horror of Jet Set Willy was that the screens looked easy. You planned a route and you watched the patterns of the enemies. But, if your jumps and timing were not perfect, you would die. Literally perfect to the pixel. Modern gamers whine about how difficult the Dark Souls games were, but they should spend some time with these '80s home computer games.

                      REMEMBER: cream first, jam second...


                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Hardest computer games you played.

                        Punch-Out!!, originally titled Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, is a boxing sports fighting video game.This Game published by Nintendo in 1987.You can enjoy it.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I played hardest game is Osu! and Osu! is a game that really requires skill, and rewards you for that. It is, not to be expected, a pretty beginner friendly game and a system friendly game as well, as it does not require any dedicated graphics to actually run it at a decent 60 fps. For those out there saying that the maps out there are too hard, there is a mod system (osuskins) provided where players can either slow down the map, make it so that you can't fail the map no matter what and you can make the game easier by making the circles easier to hit.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
                            Re: Hardest computer games you played.

                            Tir na nog on the speccy looked great at the time but what was it all about??
                            It was a classic!
                            As hero Cuchulainn you get to visit the Celtic/Druid afterlife, seeking 4 (I think) magical artefacts. The map was huge for a 48k Speccy game, the puzzles were fiendish and the graphics were amazing for the time.
                            It was though immensely difficult and, although there was no permadeath ('cos you're already dead natch!) you would lose all your carried objects if one of the sídhe touches you.
                            I invested many hours on this and the follow up game Dun Darach, but never managed to complete either.

                            Someone did a complete walkthrough on YT, if you're interested:

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKJZrKX6-7E

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Cartimand View Post

                              It was a classic!
                              As hero Cuchulainn you get to visit the Celtic/Druid afterlife, seeking 4 (I think) magical artefacts. The map was huge for a 48k Speccy game, the puzzles were fiendish and the graphics were amazing for the time.
                              It was though immensely difficult and, although there was no permadeath ('cos you're already dead natch!) you would lose all your carried objects if one of the sídhe touches you.
                              I invested many hours on this and the follow up game Dun Darach, but never managed to complete either.

                              Someone did a complete walkthrough on YT, if you're interested:

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKJZrKX6-7E
                              A lot of the screens looked the same so I never pursued it, much like lords of midnight and that was supposed to be colossal.

                              I remember some of the text adventure games that came out in the speccy/ c64 days were frustrating in the way that sometimes you had to use exact wording to progress

                              but in more modern times , I had a go of my daughters switch and played cuphead. Even on easy mode I found it insanely difficult

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X