No announcement yet.

Best Computer Game..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow big guy lotta games there......well i've a PS2 which I love, but would so love the upgraded PS3 when if it shows up on these shores anyime this century. But for me the best games on the PS2 are:

God of War - awesome graphics, brilliant story, like Jason and the Argonauts on speed.
    Gun - smashing western where you almost become the gunslinging hero of the game, kool.
    Burnout3 - the greatest car game ever, thus far, awesome, and you can smash cars for speed and cash, kool with a capital K!

Comment

Hi Oggy!!

cool choices mate, yes I too fancy that Gods of War, now youve said its good ill have to try to get it..love Burnout and played Gun and thought it was really good but was **** at the Horse riding Section!! lol.. Graphically excellent though!!!

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Been playing Call of Duty three on my mates new XBox 360..very impressive mate..Ps2 version is good also without the fancier lighting effects but still graphically good and gameplay is preserved...;0) Worth getting..

Comment

Call of Duty looks good dude, but try of God of War it rocks, and the sequels out Feburary I think.

Comment

Rab,

Your post about Atari VCS games reminded me that the first video game I ever had was the ubiquitous 'Pong' game, but the second was the Atari!! When I eventually had to get rid of the VCS, I was 'inconsoleable' (boom-boom!!)
          These are a few of the ones I can remember...

Atari 2600: Yars Revenge, Crystal Castles, Millipede (had all of the arcade levels), Adventure (the little dot 'easter egg'), Space Invaders (getting double bullets by holding down Game Select whilst switching the console on), Combat (remember the invisible mazes and the bouncing bullets?), Laser Blast (Activision), Video Pinball... that's all I can remember for now...

Intellivision: (my brother-in-law owned this) Tron's Deadly Discs (I loved this game and wish I could play it now).

Colecovision: (schoolmate owned this) Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, Mr.Do, Lady Bug, Zaxxon, that Smurf adventure game.

Spectrum: School Daze, Chuckie Egg, Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Atic Atac, Impossible Mission, Yie Ar Kung Fu, Hyper Sports.

Amstrad CPC464: Way Of The Exploding Fist, Elite, Roland In The Caverns, Roland In Time

Atari ST500: Dungeon Master (played that game morning, noon and night), Super Soccer (I think that was the name, Dino Dini's first soccer game), Bubble Bobble, Universal Military Simulator (I was going through a phase, that's my excuse), New Zealand Story, Operation Wolf, Bugsy, Lemmings, Gauntlet, Gauntlet 2, Star Wars, that wireframe game by BT Software, 'Star Glider' or something like that.

PS1 - Parappa The Rapper (an outstanding game - loved it to bits), Tomb Raider, Micro Machines (with 3 other players after some pizza and beer), Gran Turismo 1 & 2, Tekken 1, 2 and 3.

PC - Too many to mention... as for recent games, having broken a 2 year long addiction to World of Warcraft (it was beyond excessive playing and bordered on addiction), I have completed Company Of Heroes, and still play the occasional game of Rise Of Nations online with my mates. Am presently replaying Diablo 2: Lord Of Destruction for the zillionth time...
          Cheers

Armchair

Comment

Hi Armchair...

I get you about the Addiction mate, used to play Medal of Honor every night for a clan playing matches but finally dragged myself away from it..still a great game but I dont play as much online and try to play other games like Battlefield 1942, Call of duty and Wolfenstein..and play my Retro games often, just been playing some Mega cd games and some 32X games after not playing them for over 10 years!!! Sega forever!!(and Atari!) Ill have to be a Geek and purchase a Sega Retro tshirt for Christmas meethinks! lol..Already have a cool blue atari one!!! lol

Some good choices of games by the way, also loved and played most of them in the list in my time, always enjoy gaming..;0)

all the best...

Rab ;0)
            Last edited by OrangeCremolaFoam; 12-12-2006, 14:45.

Comment

I'm like that if I get into a game i've gotta keep playing it, and in the old spectrum days I did,made maps too, especailly for the Dizzy games, another sad but true fact.

Comment

think mine was treasure island on commodore plus4
                http://search.live.com/images/result...es%2Fplus4.jpg

Comment

For me it has to be DOOM. Thats the game that basically started it all for me. It was the first time i got a taste of "Deathmatch" and haven't looked back since.

Comment

Doom rocks, the film is good fun too.

Comment

Hi guys!!!

love my first Person Shooters and wolfenstein 3d and Doom started it all off for me with that Genre of Game..fantastic and their impact on the Gaming Industry is not be be taken for granted..Been playing Doom on my Sega 32X emulator just lately!! Sega and Atari were always my two favourite Gaming companies..loved their games and machines...

all the best....

Rab ;0)
                      Last edited by OrangeCremolaFoam; 18-12-2006, 02:29.

Comment

Loved the older sega stuff, my Mega drive was ace, kool numero ono for me, Sonic the Hedgehog was brilliant, before thta Pac Man was my fave, the money I spent playing that in the arcades on holidays, well if I could find one machine, though it was only 1Op a game, not as much as todays games cost pound plus.

Comment

Hiya Oggy...

ohhhh. i loved the Megadrive and still play my Emulator Often..golden Axe,Ecco,Sonic,all the great R-Type Shooters on it...Mercs, Toejam and Earl...My Megadrive was one of the jap ones that was £250 when I bought it second hand, although it came with a converter and 10 games so it wasnt a bad deal about 1992..lol.. also owned a Master system, Mega Cd, 32X and a Saturn in my time and loved them all (yes i know i bought all Segas Turkeys but they all had some good games on them!!! Still have my Saturn and my Dreamcast!)) lol.. last Sega Thing I bought was a Dreamcast when they first started dropping out of the Market for £50 and about five games with it for another £20..Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Ecco again, Quake 2 and Unreal Tournament...fantastic machine and had some great games with it..its such a pity Segas European advertising Campaign was **** and they couldnt sustain the Market they had in the Megadrive Days..I loved all the classic Sega Coin ops too and spent literally hundreds of pounds on them over the years, especially Outrun, Golden Axe, Altered Beast and Space Harrier!!! ohhhh..and Afterburner though I was terrible at it! lol

I regard the Megadrive, the Atari 2600 VCS and the Commodore 64 as my all time greatest gaming machines...my next gen would be the Saturn,Dreamcast,PS1 then my beloved PS2 which i still buy games for and play regularly..then of course my P.C. especially Call Of duty 2, Medal of Honor and Battlefield 1942 on it..great games..I retro game play often and also like the remakes on the Retro Remakes site, used to write Retro Game Reviews by System for Online Retro Gaming Site, 'Insert Coin'..great fun..

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Have you Played Atari today? Seeeeeeggggggggggaaaaaaa!!!!! lol
                          Last edited by OrangeCremolaFoam; 18-12-2006, 16:47.

Comment

Mercs was kool, Echo, found boring, awwwwww Toejam and Earl was fun forgotten that one, Earth Jim was great fun too, still have a Mega drive, though borrowed it to my mate Sniff, and not seen it for over a year.

Comment

Hi Oggy!!!

lol..oh I get that one mate..my N64 and Dreamcast are both 'on loan' to pals at present..lol..(a long loan it seems!) Thank god for Emulation!! lol..

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Comment

lol, friends eh Rab, nearly as bad as family I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X