Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Computer Game..

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
    When I was in the Army in Germany in 1985 (ish) I was on the first ever computer course for the (then) new computerised documentation system. When we were back in the Regiment and the system was up and running our Chief Clerk found what is now called an easter egg - space invaders had been built into the system but access was difficult and well hidden. How he found it is anybodys guess!! Oh that beloved green screen!!!!
    If they existed in those days ,It might have been mentioned on a bulleton board?
    sigpic

Comment

The computer existed, it was on my desk on the course. Clue to year is that I was already back in Germany from Dorset which was up to Nov 1984 and Terminator (1984) was on the pictures in Munster, near to where I was on my course. So 1985 is an accurate estimate. The system was known as PAMPAS. A documentation system, and word processing unit. For the record, a lot of money and ****!
      Last edited by Elbmek; 09-11-2009, 17:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
        The computer existed, it was on my desk on the course. Clue to year is that I was already back in Germany from Dorset which was up to Nov 1984 and Terminator (1984) was on the pictures in Munster, near to where I was on my course. So 1985 is an accurate estimate.
        I meant if bulleton boards existed .I know pcs existed.
        sigpic

Comment

I loved/still love Journey To The Planets on the Atari 400/800/XL/XE.

My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

Originally posted by NostalgiaFreak View Post
            I loved/still love Journey To The Planets on the Atari 400/800/XL/XE.

In those days of low tech graffics it was all about gameplay.Today it's eyecandy first.With so many simular games..I prefer old skool ,i seldom play new stuff unlike my son whos playing the latest stuff.
            sigpic

Comment

Gridrunner on the C64 was a good one.
              Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
                Gridrunner on the C64 was a good one.
                lots of good c64 games..Thanks to roms and emulators...I wish i had still got my original set ups.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by memoman View Post
                  In those days of low tech graffics it was all about gameplay.Today it's eyecandy first.With so many simular games..I prefer old skool ,i seldom play new stuff unlike my son whos playing the latest stuff.
                  Yeah, the old skool games are great, a lot of them have a lot of charm, and good gameplay. I still play them now, and modern games too.

Comment

Originally posted by memoman View Post

lots of good c64 games..Thanks to roms and emulators...I wish i had still got my original set ups.
                    You should be able to pick up most of the stuff for quite cheap on ebay. It's what I do.

Unfortunatley I don't really have anywhere to have it set up at the moment though.

Comment

• Re: Best Computer Game..

Originally posted by NostalgiaFreak View Post
                      You should be able to pick up most of the stuff for quite cheap on ebay. It's what I do.

Unfortunatley I don't really have anywhere to have it set up at the moment though.
                      Got loads of consoles/handhelds...The commodore c64 i actually picked up a cdrom from hmv some years ago with 3000 games 10000 sid tunes.You can get most stuff for free on the interent as the technology is defunct now anyway.I seldom get time to play these days.It would be nice to have an original c64 set up but i have to be practical with space.Wait till my kids have left homee then maybe one of the bedrooms as a shrine to better days?
                      sigpic

Comment

A room as a shrine to better days sounds cool.

Sometimes I imagine how cool it'd be to be able to visit my old bedroom again, just as it was in the 80's.

Comment

C-64: Bop'N Wrestle/Rock'N Wrestle

IBM PC: Prince Of Persia (the original one from 1990 or so)

Comment

'Wizball' for the Commodore Amiga.
                            "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

A couple of old pc games i have and used to enjoy were Titanic adventure out of time (videos from it on youtube).And links 386 golf.I kept an old windows me machine but i sold my windows 95 machine.Not all my old stuff (windows 95) is liked by my xp machines.(Even taking into account windows compatability wizard)
                              sigpic

Comment

For those who like horror, read on.

Although I'm not quite into this genre, I had a 7-CD rom game 'Phantasmagoria'. The reason I liked it because of the point-and-click gameplay. I did get scarier while you progressed.
                                I didn't buy the game myself, someone bought it for me as a surprise.

It was rated 18, but I wasn't 18 yet. Oops.

Comment

Working...
                                X