Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

specturm

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • darren
    replied
    Re: specturm

    yes thats right there was a 2nd jack the nipper.
    here it is mate.

    http://youtu.be/UN6Da1vT59c


    this one i remember better than the first one.
    sorecognisable.

    you have a speccy mate.
    think i needto get mine fired up perhaps a bit of JSW.



    Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
    I quite liked Jack the Nipper, but I far preferred Jack The Nipper 2.
    It was more of an action platform game, gonna have to dig it out & have a bash.

    Spindizzy was great, far superior to the Spectrum version of Marble Madness.

    Leave a comment:


  • DemonEyeX
    replied
    Re: specturm

    I quite liked Jack the Nipper, but I far preferred Jack The Nipper 2.
    It was more of an action platform game, gonna have to dig it out & have a bash.

    Spindizzy was great, far superior to the Spectrum version of Marble Madness.

    Leave a comment:


  • darren
    replied
    Re: specturm

    here is jack the nipper mate.

    i game i remember very well.

    http://youtu.be/jxUURZqT_GE

    spindizzy worlds wht a game bassedon marble madness.

    i had both the original rubber keyed spectrum and the one with the built in tape deck.





    was so addicted to it.




    Originally posted by Moondog View Post
    i never had one but my cousin got one xmas '87 i think it was, it was the ZX Spectrum +2, the one with the built in tape deck, it came with a 007 game and a light gun.

    we used to have countless hours of enjoyment out of it when i used to go round almost every weekend and stay over, we played lots of games, the ones i mainly remember playing though, were:

    Auf Wiedersehen Monty
    Dizzy
    Fantasy World Dizzy
    Magicland Dizzy
    Spindizzy
    Ruff and Reddy
    Jack The Nipper
    Roller Coaster
    Thing Bounces Back
    Slightly Magic
    Bruce Lee

    Leave a comment:


  • Moondog
    replied
    Re: specturm

    i never had one but my cousin got one xmas '87 i think it was, it was the ZX Spectrum +2, the one with the built in tape deck, it came with a 007 game and a light gun.

    we used to have countless hours of enjoyment out of it when i used to go round almost every weekend and stay over, we played lots of games, the ones i mainly remember playing though, were:

    Auf Wiedersehen Monty
    Dizzy
    Fantasy World Dizzy
    Magicland Dizzy
    Spindizzy
    Ruff and Reddy
    Jack The Nipper
    Roller Coaster
    Thing Bounces Back
    Slightly Magic
    Bruce Lee

    Leave a comment:


  • philipdalton
    replied
    Re: specturm

    I was able to learn programming in BASIC quite well on the Spectrum but also had a couple of books on machine code programming for this computer as well. I could never master it though, it was far too complicated for me I think.
    Did anyone else learn to programme in machine code?

    Leave a comment:


  • Scottie_UK
    replied
    Re: specturm

    Originally posted by Mr Onion View Post
    I Had a Spectrum +2 (The grey one with the built in tape deck) then along comes Mr Alan Sugar & bought the company & they started putting Amstrad dos into the +2a (The Black one with the built in tape deck) & started incompatability problems with the older games. However I refused to move on & still played my games (Manic Miner,Alien 8,Sabre Wulfe,Knight Lore.) I was mainly into the Dizzy & Mysterious Adventure type games.
    Used to go to the ZX Microfair in London & come back with all sorts of new releases & hardware.
    Quick question What would you call a group of Spectrum fans? "Spectronians" "Spectroids" "Retrospeccys"
    Anyway My respects to all you Spectrum Guys & Gals.
    Spechums is the answer.

    Leave a comment:


  • darren
    replied
    Re: specturm

    Emulators are all well and good.
    but nothing like having the real deal.
    these old computers had real great games,and although graphics where nothing special that did not matter.
    they where so enjoyable and they still are.

    and they are not that hard to get as there are loads of websites that sell these old consoles.

    Leave a comment:


  • barry21
    replied
    Re: specturm

    I had a spectrum+2 with the tape deck. it is amazing how we thought back then that we were cutting edge.
    I have got a few emulators for the pc but they just are not like the real thing.
    I still have the speccy in the attic and yes it does still work.

    Leave a comment:


  • vanhelsing
    replied
    Re: specturm

    Anybody tried WWW.ZXspectrum.net?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr Onion
    replied
    Re: specturm

    I Had a Spectrum +2 (The grey one with the built in tape deck) then along comes Mr Alan Sugar & bought the company & they started putting Amstrad dos into the +2a (The Black one with the built in tape deck) & started incompatability problems with the older games. However I refused to move on & still played my games (Manic Miner,Alien 8,Sabre Wulfe,Knight Lore.) I was mainly into the Dizzy & Mysterious Adventure type games.
    Used to go to the ZX Microfair in London & come back with all sorts of new releases & hardware.
    Quick question What would you call a group of Spectrum fans? "Spectronians" "Spectroids" "Retrospeccys"
    Anyway My respects to all you Spectrum Guys & Gals.

    Leave a comment:


  • Scottie_UK
    replied
    Re: specturm

    I own several ZX Spectrums and own all the official add ons.

    I dreamt of owning them as a kid, and in the late 1990's, early 00's ebay made it possible.

    Leave a comment:


  • vanhelsing
    replied
    Re: specturm

    Originally posted by Techno View Post
    I think you mean World of Spectrum.
    That was it. What d'you think?

    Leave a comment:


  • Techno
    replied
    Re: specturm

    I think you mean World of Spectrum.

    Leave a comment:


  • vanhelsing
    replied
    Re: specturm

    Get yourself over To Spectrum.Net and WWW.WOS.COM

    Leave a comment:


  • tulip
    replied
    Re: specturm

    My brother had a ZX Spectrum.We played Bullseye and paperboy on it.

    tulip

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X