Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

specturm

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • darren
    replied
    Re: specturm

    Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
    I got a ZX Spectrum 48K for christmas in 1983 (i think it was!). I loved it! Wish I still had it to play about with now. The games were great!

    i bought a speccy not that long back.
    well i know of sites that sell old computers if you want them.

    Leave a comment:


  • stuckinthe80's
    replied
    Re: specturm

    I got a ZX Spectrum 48K for christmas in 1983 (i think it was!). I loved it! Wish I still had it to play about with now. The games were great!

    Leave a comment:


  • darren
    replied
    Re: specturm

    here is atic atac.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtWeE98aKoI

    and another fave alien 8.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXaj1cvbI8w

    Leave a comment:


  • darren
    replied
    Re: specturm

    Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
    I reckon the original Sinclair 128K version was the best. That huge heat sink on the side used to keep my fingers warm when I lived in an unheated flat! Not to mention that it gave us much bigger games, with speech and multi-channel sound. Things like Starglider 128, Robin of the Wood, Tir Na Nog, Valhalla, Dark Star, Tau Ceti etc. Brilliant and more fun than games today!
    i must agree those games where fantastic.
    kids now would laugh at those games.
    they would say look at the awful graphics.
    the enjoyment i got from those old games was more than i get from games now.
    others i love are.
    manic miner jsw,renegade,target renegade and tons more.

    check this out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpedhIsBLc0
    Last edited by darren; 09-12-2010, 00:34.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cartimand
    replied
    Re: specturm

    I remember completing Atik Atak too. It wasn't one of the more difficult games, but that sense of achievement when you finally got outside of the haunted house was brilliant.

    Leave a comment:


  • Techno
    replied
    Re: spectrum

    Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
    I reckon the original Sinclair 128K version was the best.
    LOL, mine was a 48K. Must of spent years of my life using it. The games I particularly remember were Atic Atac (which I completed) and Sabre Wulf by Ultimate Play the Game. Unfortunately licence holder (Microsoft apparently) is refusing permission for these games to be reproduced for emulators .

    You couldn't do much but I still managed to spend hours programming it. Learned all the basic principles of programming from it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cartimand
    replied
    Re: specturm

    I reckon the original Sinclair 128K version was the best. That huge heat sink on the side used to keep my fingers warm when I lived in an unheated flat! Not to mention that it gave us much bigger games, with speech and multi-channel sound. Things like Starglider 128, Robin of the Wood, Tir Na Nog, Valhalla, Dark Star, Tau Ceti etc. Brilliant and more fun than games today!

    Leave a comment:


  • darren
    replied
    Re: specturm

    why not get the actual computer.

    i have a 16k hard button one.

    and im getting the tape deck one very soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • stevef
    replied
    Re: spectrum

    I had a spectrum, they were great little machines. Now I have a spectrum emulator, still play it all the time, mainly Match Day 2 - My all time favourite. Only now I don't have the problem of it crashing because the joystick interface moved when you pulled the joystick too far! LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • SpiralCoolStuff
    replied
    Re: specturm

    I had a Spectrum (i think thats what it was)

    Leave a comment:


  • xloz69x
    started a topic specturm

    specturm

    lol anyone use to have one of these loveddd it can only remember colin the cleaner on it though
Working...
X