Your top 10 Arcade games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your top 10 Arcade games

arcade games are something i never really played alot of, i doubt i've even played 10 lol

Comment

commando was a nother of my pocket money spendin games
      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Having been born and brought up in Blackpool, like many a young lad I worked in the arcades along the Golden Mile. Having a set of keys to all the machines gave one plenty of opportunity to "test" that they were working properly. My two favourites were Defender and Missile Command. Spent many an hour (and not a penny) "testing" those two.

http://my.ign.com/atari/missile-command You can play the original here.
        Last edited by Cooldeepblue; 15-10-2013, 15:47.

Comment

wow mate wish i worked in those arcades id be working over loads lol

Originally posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
          Having been born and brought up in Blackpool, like many a young lad I worked in the arcades along the Golden Mile. Having a set of keys to all the machines gave one plenty of opportunity to "test" that they were working properly. My two favourites were Defender and Missile Command. Spent many an hour (and not a penny) "testing" those two.

http://my.ign.com/atari/missile-command You can play the original here.

Comment

Well it was good fun mate, but very, very poorly paid and very long hours. 9 in the morning until midnight was the norm. Having said that, there were "other ways" to supplement your income. Without giving too much away I paid for my first VCR, a Sanyo Betamax, entirely with £5 bags of 10p pieces !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
              I paid for my first VCR, a Sanyo Betamax, entirely with £5 bags of 10p pieces !!!
              That's gotta be the 80s quote of the week !

Comment

Lol mate i totaly see where you coming from miss those old retro arcades wales arcades got nowt now except fruit machines and all the new games
                good job realy or girlfriend be leaving me lol

Originally posted by cooldeepblue View Post
                well it was good fun mate, but very, very poorly paid and very long hours. 9 in the morning until midnight was the norm. Having said that, there were "other ways" to supplement your income. Without giving too much away i paid for my first vcr, a sanyo betamax, entirely with £5 bags of 10p pieces !!!

Comment

Yeah, arcades are nothing like they were in the 80s.
                  Back then a large arcade would be able to fit in so many games, as the cabinets were fairly small.
                  And they were only 10p a game, or 20p for the bigger games.
                  I think the first 50p game I ever played on was either Atari's Hard Drivin' or Sega's G-Loc360 (which was incredible at the time).
                  Now arcades are 90% fruit machines & toy grabbers & stuff.
                  With a few modern driving/shooting/dancing games mixed in, most of which are a quid a pop.
                  A pound used to last me hours in the 80s, now it's 5 minutes tops.
                  I still go to the coast a few times a year & spend some time in the arcades, but it's not the same.
                  Back the the arcade technology was miles ahead of home computers & consoles.
                  Now a powerful PC would easily be capable of running the newest arcade games.
                  (Sega's Saturn (S-TV) & Dreamcast (Naomi/Naomi 2/Atomiswave) were the first time real arcade quality games could be played in the home).
                  In fact, most modern arcade games are actually running on PCs, Super Street Fighter 4 for example.
                  I took the step (about 10 years back) of buying myself a classic arcade cabinet.
                  If you have patience & keep scanning the auction sites you can find some amazing bargains.

I'm gonna save up my 50 pence pieces for next summer.
                  I still know a few arcades with classic games, and Sega's Scud Race is one I will always return to.

Anyway, happy gaming people.
                  Last edited by DemonEyeX; 17-10-2013, 02:20.

Comment

yea tha true demoneye pound ago now for 5 mins i walk roundv now try find the older games but there aint many at all i dont know bout blackpool as aint been up there for few years but rhyl has nothing now like u said teddy grabbers and fruit machines i love have old cabinet in house may be ill find one sometime at a bargin price lol

Comment

Scud Racer. The amount of money I put in that in Centre Four in Leeds. I could have probably bought a console for the coinage I banged in that machine. SEGA really knew how to do arcade driving games.

Comment

Working...
                      X