Dungeons and Dragons and other RPG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dungeons and Dragons and other RPG's

For me D&D only really worked in a room with real people and a great dungeon/games master.
    Couldn't agree more.

Comment

you try play the old games now ....... when we was young we could kill them ..... GOD HOW hARD ARE THESE TO PLAY NOW ?
      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

i've never played the D&D board game, but i played the cr*p out of Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun (Megadrive) and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Eye of The Beholder (Mega CD).

l also grew up with tons of other RPGs as it was my dad that got me into them, throughout the 16-bit days to the present day, i've played countless RPGs and loved nearly all of them.

Comment

never played D and D as i never had a mega drive...

i love rpg's the japanese are mad into them.

there a lot as far as i know only got released in japan.

really the zelda rpg's are the only ones ive played.

i just love how you cant go everywhere at once.

you have to work at it find things, solve puzzles, these games make you think which i like.
          you need patience.

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
          i've never played the D&D board game, but i played the cr*p out of Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun (Megadrive) and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Eye of The Beholder (Mega CD).

l also grew up with tons of other RPGs as it was my dad that got me into them, throughout the 16-bit days to the present day, i've played countless RPGs and loved nearly all of them.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            really the zelda rpg's are the only ones ive played.
            technically Zelda isn't classed an RPG though, i always classed it as one though.

ever played these 2 amazing Zelda style games on the Megadrive/Genesis? - Story of Thor (Beyond Oasis in the US), Soliel (Crusader of Centy in the US).

Comment

no afraid not mate.

there are zelda games links birthday being one is a super rpg but it never had a commercial release that i know of super hard.

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
              technically Zelda isn't classed an RPG though, i always classed it as one though.

ever played these 2 amazing Zelda style games on the Megadrive/Genesis? - Story of Thor (Beyond Oasis in the US), Soliel (Crusader of Centy in the US).

Comment

Not strictly D&D, but anyone who ever played the Talisman board game should like this:

http://www.talisman-game.com/

Prologue is available now, main game to follow. Been playing it for a few days and loving it - good buy.

Comment

Did anyone ever play secret of mana pretty sure its an r p g.

Apparently theres 3 different types of role playing games.

Tabletop r p g.

Live action r p g

role playing video game forum r p g

Comment

Originally posted by sammysiz View Post
                    Anyone used to play Advanced Dungeons and Dragons and other RPG's? I was about 10 (about 1977) when a teacher first introduced me into gaming. .

I got one of the very first sets of D&D that ever got to the UK, and that was late 1979. We were also one of the first Wargaming Clubs to play AD&D. We had a group of mainly 20 and 30 somethings, and the game lasted nearly ten years, in fact, breaking off for three years while some went to UNi, and resuming three years later, with the same character. We were also the first to play it live, in costume with dye soaked swords. We first used a local park, but after an unfortunate incident where a jogger was ambushed by three Orcs, we started using Woodland, and the coastline. Later, we used to go to Peckforton Castle, where they woudl have D&D weekends, where you turned up in costume and were not allowed to break character. Much beer, dope and sword dye was used those weekends.....

Another game around that time was Combat 3000 , a space wargame. The traditionalists sneered at it. There was an hilarious showdown where one of the gaming snobs pitched his 10,000 point peloppenese army against three Combat 3000 Trimotes (three armed aliens with laser pistols and rifles). The Trimotes, not unsuprisingly, massacred the Pelopanese Army, and the guy never spoke to us again.

Comment

I think zelda are the only r p g's ive ever played.

I know what u mean mark as we get older perhaps are reactions are slower.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                        I think zelda are the only r p g's ive ever played.

I know what u mean mark as we get older perhaps are reactions are slower.
                        You also have less time/patience - when I think of how long I spent with graph paper mapping out levels of The Bard's Tale and similar games.....

Comment

With lockdown #2 upon us, I felt the urge to do a little socially distanced (i.e. solo) RPG gaming and, after a little Googling, discovered Ironsworn.
                          The rules, including printable asset cards, are available as a free download and it's perfectly suited to solo play, as the GM's role is covered by randomly selected (d100) "oracle" choices.
                          Got a nice set of heavyweight Hexblade polyhedral brass dice to enhance the sessions.
                          If you're looking for a solitaire D&D style game, then Ironsworn is probably as good as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by oldfartuk View Post

I got one of the very first sets of D&D that ever got to the UK, and that was late 1979. We were also one of the first Wargaming Clubs to play AD&D. We had a group of mainly 20 and 30 somethings, and the game lasted nearly ten years, in fact, breaking off for three years while some went to UNi, and resuming three years later, with the same character. We were also the first to play it live, in costume with dye soaked swords. We first used a local park, but after an unfortunate incident where a jogger was ambushed by three Orcs, we started using Woodland, and the coastline. Later, we used to go to Peckforton Castle, where they woudl have D&D weekends, where you turned up in costume and were not allowed to break character. Much beer, dope and sword dye was used those weekends.....

Another game around that time was Combat 3000 , a space wargame. The traditionalists sneered at it. There was an hilarious showdown where one of the gaming snobs pitched his 10,000 point peloppenese army against three Combat 3000 Trimotes (three armed aliens with laser pistols and rifles). Destiny 2, not unsuprisingly, one of the best games ever in my opinion. It is definitely worth playing.
                            Can you recommend anything like Combat 3000 to play in 2021?

Comment

Working...
                            X