Anyone got a NEW Raleigh Chopper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My New Raleigh Chopper!

Dont like the new ones with funny seat,and a sticker for the gears.Remember my cousin having a "proper" one and even with the warning label,held on the back while on roller skates.Shes still got the scar on her chin to this day lol.

Comment

I too have just bought my first chopper , although its not as clean as yours and its the health and safety mans worst nightmare , its a mk1 .

But its stripped at the moment waiting to go to a paintshop to be returned to its original colour.

If anyone is interested there is the worlds biggest chopper meeting this weekend at Billing Aquadrome , retro bikers dreamland

Comment

I had a 2nd hand Budgie with some Chopper styling, though it had same sized tyres & no gear change.

Like many smaller bikes it only had a front brake(!) but that didn't stop me from learning to ride it without stablisers.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Does anyone recall the chopper sport? or at least that's what I think it was called, it had racing handlebars

Comment

Re: My Raleigh Chopper!

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
            Does anyone recall the chopper sport? or at least that's what I think it was called, it had racing handlebars
            Yep it was a mutant looking thing called a Chopper Sprint, there was one in my local bike shop, I hated it as it was the "racing" type bikes I wanted to get away from.
            But its ultra collectable now, apparently.
            Here's an old photo, circa 1972, of my Mk 1 red Chopper, ooher missus, don't even mention the flag, ahem.........Click image for larger version

Name:	Red Chopper.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	258892
            sigpic
            Don't worry Cheryl....
            I'll catch you if you slip!

Comment

Re: Anyone got a NEW Raleigh Chopper?

never forget my red chopper........and the lolly stick at the back wheel... :-)

Comment

Is this the one where health and safety went mad and put a sticker where the gear stick should be?

Comment

I don't remember a sticker where the gear stick used to be, just no gear stick.
                  As bikes go, the Chopper was always safety concious. it had a patch over the banana seat saying it wasn't designed for two passengers

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                    I don't remember a sticker where the gear stick used to be, just no gear stick.
                    As bikes go, the Chopper was always safety concious. it had a patch over the banana seat saying it wasn't designed for two passengers
                    I think the sticker is actually a picture of the gear stick lol.And i remember the warning saying about two passangers on the original chopper,but we used to sit over that,and even drag a third kid behind wearing skates and holding on the the bar at the back

Comment

Working...
                    X