Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameras

Did you have a camera around when you were young? What can you remember about it, or them?

We had a home movie film camera, 8mm, no sound, and there was a bar of lights with it that were the brightest things, like sun lamps almost, and the motor was loud. Most of our Christmas movies have kids shielding their eyes and running away!

I transferred some old films to VHS tapes ages ago and i remember clips of my hugging a panda stuffie and getting some curls clipped, and a black cat we had named Spooky on the counter catching drips from a faucet with it's tongue.

For still photos we had some kind of small dark grey plastic thing that for indoors you had to attach one of those disposable cubes of bulbs, take a picture then it would rotate to then next non-burnt out bulb. Another larger camera, but still mostly plastic, took special film where you had to peel a layer off and then apply some kind of stuff across it to develop, semi-instant. i couldn't tell what brand anything was, though I think the small one was was a Kodak.
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

I purchased a Polaroid instant camera in 1986. The film use to be very expensive.
    My father use to have a camera that was used by opening a flap at the top. He would look down at a screen, which showed the image of the subject.

Comment

My grandparents had one of those Polaroid instant cameras, my Dad borrowed it for a trip to Disneyland circa 1979. The film was definitely expensive but you didn't have to pay anything for developing. Not quite 'instant' the picture would appear gradually, and you were supposed to put it in a shaded area while it did it.

I have an old basic box Brownie around somewhere, I never used it though it looks nice, it's from before my time (some other family member would've left it and I seem to be the repository for various old treasures as others will get rid of or sell). I'm sure a lot of photos in the oldest albums were from a Brownie.
      My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
      X