Sunday night was bath night....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunday night was bath night....

I always used to have baths on Monday, Wednesday & Friday evenings, & Sunday mornings.

I would wash my hair on Wednesday & Sunday; after we got a decent shower I started to use that for hair washes.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Sunday night was bath night. Blue plastic bath in front of the gas fire. The house I lived in until I was 12 (1979) didn't have a bathroom. Once I outgrew the bath it was washed in the kitchen, standing on this appliance that was for boling washing in. In the winter the kitchen was just too cold so it was stood up in a bowl with lots of newspaper on the floor until i was old enough to wash myself. Then it was stood at the kitchen sink. It was like being in How we used to live.
      Last edited by branny; 13-05-2010, 21:09.
      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Yep, Sunday night was bath and hair wash night. It was always salad for tea and tinned fruit for afters too.

Comment

And who got shampoo in their eyes every single time? OOOOwwwww there was no pain like it. I remember some friends having those big round yellow things to put on your head so it wouldn't run into your eyes.

On the same note, I always remember walking to school with a bubbly nose after my mother had given my face a good scrub in the mornings. It was so awful yet I never blew it out. Perhaps I didn't know how. I don't think any of us knew how. Our snotty cardigan sleeves were a badge of honour!
          1976 Vintage

Comment

yes sunday night was bath night for me also.

always got my bath in time for last of the summer wine.
            we still have the same plastic bath now that we had back then.
            felt nice and warm but getting out you shivered like a leaf.
            straight to the fire to warm up.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Sunday night was bath night for me too. I always had 'Matey' bubble bath and had my head scrubbed with 'Vosene' shampoo. I didn't have dandruff to warrant the Vosene, my mother just liked the smell of it. Even now if I smell Matey or Vosene I'm transported back to our lemon yellow bath on a Sunday night. It's strange that I only remember having a bath on a Sunday but my mother insists I had one every night! Think it's because the Sunday night one meant school the next day!!
              Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

yes thanks for reminding me stuck in the eighties.

hatted the thought of getting out of the bath so i just ran the tap a bit longer.
                of course the hot water soon ran out.

i had my toy ships in the bath with me.
                then id make waves nd it would sink like the titanic but with ni people on it.
                yes matey bubble bath for me to.

Comment

I used to do the add a bit more water thing too. I was a bit of a water baby I think!! I used to love being in water. Be it he Bath or just going swimming. I'd spend ages on a sunday night in the bath.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                    I used to do the add a bit more water thing too. I was a bit of a water baby I think!! I used to love being in water. Be it he Bath or just going swimming. I'd spend ages on a sunday night in the bath.
                    you must be a pisces like me then.
                    we are both water babies.

thing was a bath was supposed to clean you.
                    problem was once the dirt came you into the water by the time you got it was all over you again.

Comment

Nah mate i'm a gemini! My mother used to make me rinse the dirt off in the shower when I'd finished in the bath so I was squeaky clean and ready for my pyjamas and my supper and a bit of 'Thats Life'. Then bed so I was up for school on the Monday.

Comment

Pretty sure Sunday was bath night for me too, followed by watching Last of The Summer Wine lol

Comment

I used to fill the bath to the overflow and submerge myself totally(holding my nose because I breathe in when ever my nose hits the water unless I hold my nose). Then I would just be still and listen to my heart beat for as long as I could. Then repeat as often as I could before being shouted down by mum............... occasionally I would get washed, just occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Grosh62 View Post
                            I used to fill the bath to the overflow and submerge myself totally(holding my nose because I breathe in when ever my nose hits the water unless I hold my nose). Then I would just be still and listen to my heart beat for as long as I could. Then repeat as often as I could before being shouted down by mum............... occasionally I would get washed, just occasionally.
                            haha.
                            do you still do that.
                            only the misses shouts at you.

its quite amazing just how many of us had the same routine as in bath time then l o t s w
                            anyone get to watch thats life.
                            think it was on bbc 1 at wither 8 or else 9.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                              haha.
                              do you still do that.
                              only the misses shouts at you.

its quite amazing just how many of us had the same routine as in bath time then l o t s w
                              anyone get to watch thats life.
                              think it was on bbc 1 at wither 8 or else 9.
                              I shower now so I don't really have to hold by nose under the water or my breath. I do miss That's Life which was utter dross but compelling TV...Sausages!

Comment

Originally posted by Grosh62 View Post
                                I shower now so I don't really have to hold by nose under the water or my breath. I do miss That's Life which was utter dross but compelling TV...Sausages!
                                just for you mate.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f309fSTWYo4

Comment

Working...
                                X