• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunday night was bath night....

Originally posted by darren View Post
    Genius! Cheers darren

Comment

Bath Toys

What sorts of toys did you take into the bath. Over the years I remember having a traditional rubber duck (which I still have) a little plastic wind up dolphin and hippo, my little pony seahorse thing and hello colour teddy that changed colour in warm water. Sindy sometimes came in for a swim too!
      1976 Vintage

Comment

For me, it was tubby turtle.

Comment

I'm sure I've posted this elsewhere in here but the theme tune to 'Black Beauty' still makes me want to have a bath. That was the sign for my sister to get out the bath and me to get in.

Comment

Yep, I had the Sunday night bath. My favourite toy was one I talked about in another thread ... the submarine that was powered by a little tablet! There were also a variety of little plastic boats as well.

I recall really loving my Sunday baths. But later in the evening there was that realisation it was school the next day.
            Last edited by Marine Boy; 13-01-2012, 00:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
              Yep, I had the Sunday night bath. My favourite toy was one I talked about in another thread ... the submarine that was powered by a little tablet! There were also a variety of little plastic boats as well.

I recall really loving my Sunday baths. But later in the evening there was that realisation it was school the next day.
              yeah having the bath on sunday was great mate.
              around 7 i had mine.
              also hated getting out the cold just hit you.

i used to keep putting in more hot water.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                ...i used to keep putting in more hot water.
                I forgot about this........................ but I did the same!

Comment

I forgot about this........................ but I did the same!
                  haha.
                  thing was the more you put in the more you stayed in but eventually u had to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Grosh62 View Post
                    I used to fill the bath to the overflow and submerge myself totally(holding my nose because I breathe in when ever my nose hits the water unless I hold my nose). Then I would just be still and listen to my heart beat for as long as I could. Then repeat as often as I could before being shouted down by mum............... occasionally I would get washed, just occasionally.
                    I still do this now sometimes, put my head under so just my nose sticks out and kind of float. It's very relaxing like going back to the womb. Just make sure you don't fall asleep and slip under!
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Re: Bath Toys

wow sindy came in to the bath.

i just had a rubber duck and iother various floating toys.
                      sometimes i brought an odd he man figure in as well.
                      never rried sleeping in the bath that idea freaked me out.

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                      What sorts of toys did you take into the bath. Over the years I remember having a traditional rubber duck (which I still have) a little plastic wind up dolphin and hippo, my little pony seahorse thing and hello colour teddy that changed colour in warm water. Sindy sometimes came in for a swim too!

Comment

I think from re-collection that I hyad similar toys too at this age, a boat etc. I recall sunday Nights as "Bath Nights" well, but as you say Marine Boy it dawned on you later that it was School in the Morning. If only I had thought though and realised then that School was'nt rubbish etc as I percieved it to be. Hinesight, is such a powerful thing I think - for god and bad reason's, but it is great too too I reckon.

Comment

Re: Bath Toys

couple of times i near did fall asleep in the bath was only the soapy water in my mouth that stopped me dozig off.

Id heard a few stories of kids drowning in the bath so i made sure i didnt drop off.

PLENTY OF BUBBLE BATH THO TOO.

Comment

I seem to remember playing with something called Squeezy foam...
                            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

This thread jogged my memory, yes Sunday nights bath night also because only religious prog's on tv the radio was turned on and we listened to "Sing something simple" which iirc was the mike sammes singers. The god slot ran from 6.15 to 7.25 pm sunday nights and was pretty dire, Songs of praise is still on, its main rival was "Stars on Sunday" other shows i can recall are "The rain on the leaves" poetry readings, "Pilgrims progress" a very strange surreal drama series of which perhaps only one episode exists.
                              Granada tried to up the tempo later with "Reports action".ATV introduced "Tingha and tucker" and Harry secombe took to the "Highway".

Comment

THIS IS WHAT I HAD IN MY BATH.

AND OF COURSE GETTING IT IN MY EYES OUCH.

BUT IT WAS A LOVELY SCENT.

OF COURSE THE SUNDAY BATH MEANT SCHOOL THE NXT DAY.

Comment

Working...
                                X