top trumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: top trumps

there are so many different decks to choose from now! my sons have the simpsons, dinosaurs, football players and endangered wild animals packs......some facts are even educational!!

Comment

I used to have the Dragsters set, it might be somewhere in my brother's old wardrobe.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I sill have quite a few,I take them when I go camping with the children.No distractions like xbox,dvd,ps2 an so on...
        Frame.
        "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Top Trumps

Comment

I had the crazy car set featured above and both horror sets mentioned earlier
            sigpic

Comment

A selection from Top trumps horror set 1

sigpic

Comment

A selection from Top Trumps Horror set 2

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeCremolaFoam View Post
                  Hi guys..

I had the two different Horror Top Trumps sets, with Death, Venusian Death Cell(whatever that was!) and King Kong and Godzilla amongst others..also had fighter planes of World War Two and Tank ones..great fun...

Rab
                  sigpic

Comment

with Death, Venusian Death Cell(whatever that was!)
                    LOL great to see these again, I had those 2 Horror sets years ago, sadly I think they joined the great trashed toy god in the sky along with a Western Gunfighters set .

I have the new Doctor Who set as I collect anything that is Doctor Who
                    Ah this is something that did survive my wreckless toy years!

A Dr Who Top Trump set today...

Thanks for the images and memories folks.

Ed

Comment

as nice as they look i never really could get into them i just thought them a bit silly i still do to a certain extent.
                      but hey thats just how i feel.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I wish i kept mine too worth a bit now on ebay i believe
                        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan View Post
                          eg : the car on your card does 200mph but only 75 mpg, you ask your opponent for his car's speed & if it's lower you take his card. Clever game & collectors' items too.

I disagree it was clever. It was so simple it was probably thought up in 10 minutes flat. God only knows how they attained the seeming popularity they did.

Comment

Had a couple of sets, one was a cars one. Can't quite remember which one. Cars seemed to be popular in our area. If you ended up with a certain card from the deck you knew you would almost certainly win. It was surprising just how popular and how big the hype was surrounding Top Trumps. Forget Pokémon, the Top Trump hype seemed to be just as big amongst us kids at the time.

Comment

I Have A Cars one football one and a simpson one

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

I had about 25 packs. Cars, boats, planes, trains, warships all sorts and I'm sure someone overheard me saying you could use footballers as World cup '78 stars came out a few month later. Half the fun was, when getting a new pack, goin g through each subject on each card to see which would beat which. We sometimes knew the packs that well a game could take over half an hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X