X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darren
    replied
    Re: ball in a sock game

Ive vague memories of it seeing friends play it.

Reminds me of that game where you have a tennis ball on a string attached to a metal pole you hit back and forth until someone gets the ball in there face or head..

YOU USED UR MUMS AMERICAN TAN TIGHTS EH NOT SURE HOW TO ANSWER THAT ONE.LOL

Originally posted by heather74 View Post
    yes, we did it here too, getting fasster and faster until you let go or got hit in the head :d

Leave a comment:

• shilton dipper
    replied

it wasn't played where I lived when I was a child in the 70's..........we played 2/3 ball against the wall

PK penny a packet
    first you chew it
    then you crack it
    then you stick it up ya jacket
    PK peny a packet

Leave a comment:

• missmoock
    replied

Originally posted by Psytron View Post
    I didn't play it cos it was a girls thing, but I do remember them playing it, some used as mentioned tights but most used their brothers football socks as they was longer and stronger, Cos of my long term memory I actually remember one of the songs they sang.... "Want a cup of tea 'Sir', No 'Sir', why 'Sir', Cos I Gotta cold 'Sir', Where you get the cold from, from the north pole 'Sir', what you doing there 'Sir', Catching polar bears 'Sir', how many did you catch 'Sir', one 'Sir', two 'Sir', three 'Sir', the rest caught me 'Sir', threw me in the sea 'Sir', now that's the end of me 'Sir'. Everytime the words 'Sir' was said they bounced it between the legs. AAAhhhhh life seems so simple and worry free back then :-)
    SOOO happy to have found this thread!!! Thanks for restoring some memory on the song we used to sing :0)

Leave a comment:

• Psytron
    replied

I didn't play it cos it was a girls thing, but I do remember them playing it, some used as mentioned tights but most used their brothers football socks as they was longer and stronger, Cos of my long term memory I actually remember one of the songs they sang.... "Want a cup of tea 'Sir', No 'Sir', why 'Sir', Cos I Gotta cold 'Sir', Where you get the cold from, from the north pole 'Sir', what you doing there 'Sir', Catching polar bears 'Sir', how many did you catch 'Sir', one 'Sir', two 'Sir', three 'Sir', the rest caught me 'Sir', threw me in the sea 'Sir', now that's the end of me 'Sir'. Everytime the words 'Sir' was said they bounced it between the legs. AAAhhhhh life seems so simple and worry free back then :-)

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

Yes, tights for us too, well a stocking

Leave a comment:

• chilligrape
    replied

Yes we played it but with the ball in the tights! A sock wouldn't have been long enough I don't think??

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

actually I think we used Mums 'american tan' tights think they were nylon though rather than Poly-Esther

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

yes, we did it here too, getting fasster and faster until you let go or got hit in the head

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

Not alone. I have no idea what the game was called, but I think I've mentioned it on here before. I used to watch my older sister and her friends playing this.. I tried to do it (like skipping), but never could get the hang of it.

Leave a comment:

• polly-esther
    started a topic ball in a sock game

ball in a sock game

Did anyone else used to play this game where you would put a tennis ball in a sock and stand with your back against a wall and bounce the ball over your shoulder and such like while singing a rhyme?? Please tell me that I wasn't the only one playing this back in the 70s?
Working...
X