Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radio-controlled silver inflatable(!) robot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio-controlled silver inflatable(!) robot?

Apologies if this has been asked about before...

One Christmas, probably about 1979, I was given a radio-controlled robot as a present but what made it so different was that all the electronics/mechanics were in a silver heavy plastic base unit - about 10 inches square - that acted as the robot's 'feet' (it had 3 or 4 wheels under it). The rest of the robot was a silver inflatable (a bit like those old inflatable punch-bags) with the usual style robot graphics on - a bit like 'C3PO meets Metal Mickey'!

Obviously all the robot did (by radio control) was move around in different directions but what made it special was that it must have been about 4 feet tall! Definitely the best present I had that year even though it had nothing to do with Star Wars!

I have never seen another one. I know you can get inflatable 'robot butlers' today but this was back in 79/80.

I wish I had kept the robot but think it may have broken at some point. I still have a Sir Galaxy robot in its box from about the same time but the memories of the silver robot (which was probably taller than me at the time!) are memories of a fun family Christmas.

Any ideas anyone??

Re: Radio-controlled silver inflatable(!) robot?

Anything like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	robot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	259943
    Heather

Comment

Or Marzon

Click image for larger version

Name:	marzon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	259944

http://www.plaidstallions.com/
      Heather

Comment

Huggie - you're a star!

It was the one in your first post (not Marzon) - it's face looks a bit like a chicken! The only difference was that its 'feet' unit wasn't red (as shown on the box image) but silver.

I never thought I would see it again and it was one of my most memorable childhood Christmas presents!

My dad was doing work for Hamleys at the time and I'm pretty sure it would have been bought there.

Once again, thanks so much - you've given me a great memento of what was a great memory.

Comment

Working...
        X