Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late 80s, early 90s transforming military toys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Late 80s, early 90s transforming military toys?

The little plane, bottom right with the large translucent canopy in the first pic isn't Zero Hour at all, the rest of the stuff is. As a kid I had the enemy figure packet consisting of 24 B.A.D. BRIGADE soldiers and their 3 Leaders: THE JACKAL, THE BULL and THE WEASEL, who was literally skinny and well, weasely. I then had the Mattel CODE ZERO (basically what it was called in the USA) boxed version of the B.A.D. BRIGADE yellow bus that came with a few more troops, the Leaders and a small red and grey tri bike. Would liked to have got more as I liked the simplicity of the line and the artwork on the packets/boxes. I do wish Bluebird had made them in M.A.N.T.A. FORCE scale and the men were more posable actually...

I'm sure he's on about ZERO HOUR-especially since the description of the plane sounds like the one I was thinking of as confirmed by that pic.

Comment

So I guess I can't edit my post, meant to put down that in the center of the jet if its opened up has a launcher that can launch discs straight up in the air when the disc is twisted on top of it.

Comment

In reply to the latest comments, no it isn't Zero hour as the jet was closer to a harrier jet in style and the bomber that came out of it is actually the tail section of the larger jet itself, not resting on top of it. As far as the size of the figurines with it, they were really small. Probably only about a quarter of an inch tall. Most of them were molded into seated positions, but some were standing or kneeling with rifles. The vehicles that transformed themselves were anywhere from a foot to 1.5 feet long closed up in vehicle mode.

I will say thanks to all the replies. Haven't found it yet but I know we will find it eventually.

Comment

Its got to be part of Zero Hour. They were one of the only toys that had figures molded into positions and match what you say....Another line was called Chopper Ace, don't know who made them but may be similar....you need to put pics up of what you have.

Comment

Shocked to hear its not the correct one.

Chopper Ace was made by Canada Games apparently

Comment

Okay, after doing about 2 hours of searching, I found a few parts to a few of the sets and took some pictures of them. I still have a few places to look for the main parts. But here's what I have.

This is the tail section for the helicopter. Its about 4 inches long, has a missile inside that is fired from squeezing the orange trigger on the tail. It also has the symbol on all the sets on the tail.

These 2 pictures are of parts of the Jet. The top picture is of 2 hidden missile launchers that are usually attached to the wing engines. The bottom is of the bomber that is the tail of the jet itself and is about 4 inches long.

I hope these images help some, and I really hope I can find the rest of these sets within the next few days.

Comment

^ These are the rare Galoob XPanders
                Last edited by sixtyten; 19-09-2011, 17:15.

Comment

F4 xpander

Comment

Expanded

Comment

The plane expanded

Comment

The Chopper expanded

Comment

Heather

Comment

Good work!
                            This one shows the plane in action

http://www.ina.fr/pub/culture-et-loi...combat.fr.html

Comment

Easy when some clever cloggs supplies a name
                              Heather

Comment

Yep that's them. Didn't realize it was Galoob like Army Gear was. There were 6 vehicles in total. A chopper, an F-4 fighter, a tank, a PT boat, a 4X4, and an ATV. I had all but the tank. Thanks for all the helpl
                                Last edited by Shinsui; 19-09-2011, 18:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X