Tomy Wonderful Waterful Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomy Wonderful Waterful Basketball

Hi Guys any one remember this Vintage Classic, i remember getting it in 1977 as a birthday present, played with it for hours, then never played with it again for some reason haha, its been boxed up and only just seen light of day again..... Had a little go and brought back some memories, ahhh

Cheers

Mark

Re: Tomy Wonderful Waterful Basketball

I didnt have that specific one, but I had these as a kid. Probably still in the loft.

http://vintageunreal.com/img/tomy_wa..._pacman_01.jpg

I had a car racer one as well but I cannot find any images of it online. I remember my cousin had one where you had to get a rider on a horse.

Comment

I like that pac-man one although wasnt the pac-man created by Namco, do hope Tomy asked first haha, think i know which one you mean, ive seen a few different variations over the years, imagine giving your 8 year old one of those games these days without batteries or a power supply, think they would throw it back at you.....

I also found a Speak And Spell in the loft, not really sure where that came from, surprised its in a good condition as well, sold a Super Simon on Ebay last week it made £15, had no back cover or instructions but was boxed.......

Comment

We had quite a few, the ones I most remember are hoopla/ring toss type and the ones where you get balls into various holes
        Heather

Comment

I had one of these. Think it was the fisherman one.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

thanks for reminding me of this tranquil.

this was a great toy which i got many hrs of enjoyment from.

tomy did great toys though
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yes i agree Darren, Tomy had a great range of toys 70s 80s. Not sure if one is allowed to plug selling toys but my Tomy Basketball is for sale on a certain popular selling website

Hope that wasnt too blatant!!

Comment

Speaking of Tomy Toys, does anyone remember that ball bearing game they had? It was an obstacle course that snaked down under a plastic screen. It was really hard, I don't think I ever did it. I cannot remember the name of it at all. The casing was yellow and it had a dial on it to start the timer and a button to release the ball bearings. It made a mechanical clunk as the gears inside it made the obstacle course work right.

Comment

Have a look here it may be one of them..... http://www.planetbuilders.co.uk/ian/...ers/index.html

Comment

I had a gander and couldn't see it. It had a little GOAL! sticker at the bottom that was meant to house the balls you got to the bottom. The only time I got any balls in there was when I shook the unit and managed to get one in that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                      I had a gander and couldn't see it. It had a little GOAL! sticker at the bottom that was meant to house the balls you got to the bottom. The only time I got any balls in there was when I shook the unit and managed to get one in that way.
                      Sounds like Tomy wind up Rock n Roll http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ4ruhCB7uY
                      Heather

Comment

That isn't it, this was meant to be played on a table. The outer casing was yellow, but the actual play area was black, while the obstacles were an orange colour.

I did know somebody that had one of those though Heather. We used to sit in the cobbled street playing it in the sun.

Comment

Tomy AAAAGHH ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOMY-AAAAG...#ht_500wt_1361

there was also an upright version called Yeeaghh
                          Heather

Comment

That's the one. It was impossible.

Comment

Here's that vertical one you mentioned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI5uMeaoIqE

Sounds like a low flying aeroplane.

Comment

Working...